Author Topic: Battlefield : Bad Company 2  (Read 14819 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Re: Battlefield : Bad Company 2
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »
Anyone know what the difference is between 'hard core' and a regular server? Could not find anything in the read me file.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »
Hardcore you take a few more hits before you die i believe, i never really paid attention to that , ill have to test it out later
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2010, 11:17:06 AM »
Thanks Soulyss.  

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
Hardcore you take a few more hits before you die i believe, i never really paid attention to that , ill have to test it out later

Actually I think it's the opposite, damage is turned UP you can shrug off fewer hits.  In my experience it only takes a couple to send you back to the spawn point selection screen.  Those servers also tend to turn off things like the death camera, the ability to see what squad-mates are doing before you spawn to them, and the mini-map.  In theory I like the idea but in practice I generally prefer to play the standard game, on some maps it get's really frustrating getting sniped and not being able to tell where it's coming from.  More realistic? probably, but I find it less fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »
Hardcore is like Call of Duty, 1, sometimes 2 bullets and u are done. can't run across an open area knowing u'll take a couple of hits but regenerate behind cover. Actually u don't regenerate w/out a medikit in BF.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:33 PM »
Thanks Soul, that was a help. :)

Ok, hard core is more like Project Reality (to a small degree). I really enjoyed that. Spawn times were long, and longer each time you died. In that game you really did not want to die and played very carefully. I guess I go back and forth. It can lead to some real frustration when you are getting sniped, but don't know where. You sure stick your head out less. :) Then again the fast 10 minute action makes for a nice quick fix. Sometimes it was 20 minutes before I saw an enemy in Project Reality.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
Hardcore is like Call of Duty, 1, sometimes 2 bullets and u are done. can't run across an open area knowing u'll take a couple of hits but regenerate behind cover. Actually u don't regenerate w/out a medikit in BF.
Sometimes if you aren't wounded the blood will go off screen but yes you don't regenerate. A huge plus. I love how you get more points when the guy actually dies (if you get an assist) depending how much you hit him.

daddog,
HC servers are much more realistic and that's all I played on COD4 and COD5. I hated emptying an entire clip into someone before they died!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
I refuse to play any non-hardcore server. If I shoot someone in the chest a couple times with an M-16, they had BETTER die! I hate the killcams, because they're gamey, and I find regular invites the horrible spray-and-pray n00bs that have prevented me from playing any other online FPS. Hardcore results in the perfect balance between all kits I find. Too many of one type and you will lose, and all specialties have strong weakness and advantages that you DO encounter in every match.

If anyone is looking for an AH-like environment, I'm in a clan that is mostly 30+ retired military folks. We play for fun, none of the childish stuff, and operate 4-5 of our own dedicated servers. If you're interested in joining up, or just hanging out, PM me for server and Teamspeak info.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »
My short time i played last night I played a regular arena and was rather annoyed by unloading in to a guys back and him turning around and returning fire. To hardcore i go.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »
My short time i played last night I played a regular arena and was rather annoyed by unloading in to a guys back and him turning around and returning fire. To hardcore i go.
Yup. Here's my story:
I was standing outside the window of a MCOM with 3 guys around it, crouched, all backs turned on me. Opened fire (I admit I held the trigger down, it was about 4-5 feet from me to them) and killed 1 guy, injured another and got popped with a few bullets. I Love hardcore servers now.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2010, 05:42:35 PM »
sounds like MW2, i play that on PS3 and just want to throw the system out the window some times.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: April 26, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »
sounds like MW2, i play that on PS3 and just want to throw the system out the window some times.
I hate the guys who spray clips into people every time in COD...IMO BC2 it seems you have better accuracy when you use burst fire.

FlyKommando.com

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: April 26, 2010, 05:58:51 PM »
Theres some guy named aceshigh .... he was yellin hack hack all the time running around like crazy lol, meanwhile i was watched guys getting booted by PB for the use of aimbot and other cheats, i do like how you get banned for using hacks.  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »
Theres some guy named aceshigh .... he was yellin hack hack all the time running around like crazy lol, meanwhile i was watched guys getting booted by PB for the use of aimbot and other cheats, i do like how you get banned for using hacks.  :aok
I am glad PB is a bit better...in COD4 the hacks are/were very sophisticated. I was a head admin/owner for a gaming community...when they initiated the hacks, it also blocked us out of RCON (server admin tool) so we couldn't kick the guy unless we used PBPowerPoints. Man it sucked, but we did allow the guys in the server to nade switch (drop a nade by the hacker then switch sides) for the time being...they had fun. :)

FlyKommando.com

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2010, 01:59:47 AM »
Sent out some Request from FreakoSuave. I could just sit in the APC and just use the machine gun all day and have a good time, this is going to be like crack.