Author Topic: Need experts  (Read 3208 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Need experts
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 02:05:10 PM »
Very true you can pull the same ACMs in any plane. But the degree you can do things vary. For instance, if my spit1 is same speed as K4 and we both do a double imbelman<spelling>, i know a K4 can out pull me so i won't go with him. I'll break off and try a different approach.
Anyway, what Grizz and Junky say is true..but to a certain extent is what i trying to say. I'm going back to the garage now and twist some wrenches  :rock
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:07:23 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
hurri1 vs hurri1 would be the same.
Your whole "they all the same" is a bit misleading.

You know very well you wouldn't attempt the same moves 109 k4 vs spit XVI compared to hurri mkI vs spit XVI.
Now would you?
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
The moves are the same in every aircraft, you vary the moves just a little bit based on what plane you are in.  If you don't know the moves to begin with i.e. >95% of people who fly this game and don't even know what a duel is, then it doesn't matter what you fly because you simply don't have the foundation of ACM knowledge it takes to win a fight in any airplane.  That's why I say all airplanes are the same.  Once you get to the point where both pilots in a fight are at the top of their game at even skill, then individual airplane strengths and weaknesses come into play.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »
Grizz, are you telling me that it doesn't matter if a newb is in a temp or a spit 1 when he's fighting a vet in a 109F4?

IMO, being in the temp automaticly triples his chances of survival for the first 2 minutes.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
Grizz, are you telling me that it doesn't matter if a newb is in a temp or a spit 1 when he's fighting a vet in a 109F4?

IMO, being in the temp automaticly triples his chances of survival for the first 2 minutes.

Nah, I'm telling you that if you want to improve your piloting skills, it doesn't really matter what plane you do it in, the moves are the same for all planes.  If you want to join us in the dueling arena, you are welcome, a bunch of us are always in there mixing it up on Vox290 later at night.  Best way to get better is repetition.  Light bulbs start to go off. 

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 05:08:58 PM »
Rgr that sir, always fun getting killed by your uber pwning Mossie.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
Nah, I'm telling you that if you want to improve your piloting skills, it doesn't really matter what plane you do it in, the moves are the same for all planes.  Best way to get better is repetition.  Light bulbs start to go off.  

Spot on.

:aok

(edit:  I think an "easy mode" plane is needed to learn the moves in the first place which is why I suggest a Spit 8 to new pilots.  Once they have the fundamental basics down they should then broaden out to other rides.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:06:10 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »
OK gona sound stupid if there's an obvious answer to my question, but....

Does anyone know Stampf's, 0lDemon's, and and Shuffler's BB names, or if they even have a BB account?

If they do have one, I haven't seen them recently (in about 2 weeks at least) and so have forgotten they exist.

I'd seek out Ack-Ack for 38 training, but he and I are on at different times usually, so thats not an option.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 01:05:49 AM »
Spot on.

:aok

(edit:  I think an "easy mode" plane is needed to learn the moves in the first place which is why I suggest a Spit 8 to new pilots.  Once they have the fundamental basics down they should then broaden out to other rides.)

Dueling/training arena is the best place to get even fights that focus on the moves.  And yes, like you said, fly the plane that gives you the ability to compete, like a golf handicap.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 01:54:11 AM »

Does anyone know Stampf's, 0lDemon's, and and Shuffler's BB names, or if they even have a BB account?

If they do have one, I haven't seen them recently (in about 2 weeks at least) and so have forgotten they exist.

I'd seek out Ack-Ack for 38 training, but he and I are on at different times usually, so thats not an option.
I don't ever recall seeing 0LDemon posting on the BBS.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:02:53 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 04:24:14 AM »

PM Murdr he'll set you up.
Or just find some of the 80th and ask nice if you can wing up with em. Great bunch and you'll learn a bit.
See Rule #4

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 06:21:08 AM »
Dueling/training arena is the best place to get even fights that focus on the moves.  And yes, like you said, fly the plane that gives you the ability to compete, like a golf handicap.

Oh jeeze! Dont tell people that. Or in an arena with 400 players there will be 300 of em flyng spits  ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 12:34:40 PM »

Shuffler will always be Shuffler. :)

Alternatively you're welcome to tag along with me if you see me in the MA we're on vox 138.  About all I'm good at is demonstrating new and exciting ways to get shot at and getting wingmen killed but you're welcome to tag along for the ride. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 06:44:59 PM »
Rgr that soulyss, I'll go with whoever I find first. If its you, then I get the chance to die along side a P-38 ace.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 06:58:48 PM »
Nem,

You'd be lucky to have Souless teach you.  I've watched his flying and gunning for several years...he's good.

Shuffler, AKAK, and several others previously named by others are also excellent.

-Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE