Author Topic: Wabbit Playoff.  (Read 2836 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Wabbit Playoff.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »
How about a bracket system?  Get all the wabbits there an hour in advance and have them fight it out in a bracket.  2 or 3 wins should do it and it should not take more than an hour (especially if it ends at the 4 and 4 wabits advance to TOC.  Any one latte disqualifies and the event continues as fast as possible.

I am against letting wabbits in the TOC since, well, they did not win but if we will allow them in, this seems fast and fair.  Also, I'd like to add that # of kills is a very good measure since it shows that at list the guy did not avoid contact with enemies.  As we know, one way to win the event is to avoid fights and arrive to them last so by using the number of kills as a measure, you give a reason to people to engage as often as possible.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
Also, I'd like to add that # of kills is a very good measure since it shows that at list the guy did not avoid contact with enemies.  As we know, one way to win the event is to avoid fights and arrive to them last so by using the number of kills as a measure, you give a reason to people to engage as often as possible.

+1
The argument of not using total kills is a little flimsy imo.  So what if you get a proxy here and there, or someone gets a ditch, that stuff evens out for everybody.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
I'm going to let the guys that have played in the TOC voice there opinions and since there the ones who know what its like.  Got my invite last Sat. and I'm stoked to fly in 10 TOC though. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 04:04:08 PM »
Dogg and I are having an ongoing discussion regarding the issue. Real life has made the discussion slightly drawn out but I'd think by June or July we might be able to announce our plans for review.
Then you can beat us up all over again for our decision.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 10:39:26 PM »
Put them all at a field last one left flying goes to TOC. Easy
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »
Put them all at a field last one left flying goes to TOC. Easy

It's easy if you don't think it out, yep.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 10:05:06 AM »
Way past June/July so I thought I'd post an update. Pretty sure we are going to have a Pre-TOC wabbit KOTH with the winner advancing to the TOC.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 06:11:21 PM »
Well, we can all agree that a wabbit should not be worth the same value as a koth victory.  I think a wabbit being worth half of a TOC entry is fair, and very attainable for those koth'ers on the bubble.  It would also give players of wabbit status incentives to keep flying throughout the calendar year to try and attain that 2nd wabbit.  That can only be good for the event of Koth itself with more players wanting to participate.

Imo if you thin out the field of potential TOC invitees, you are investing too much stock into this wabbit playoff system to provide adequate numbers for TOC.  If I wasn't a great pilot, I probably wouldn't have any desire to invest time into a wabbit playoff system just for the prospect of getting curb stomped by Kazaa and TonyJoey in the TOC.  Imo, wabbit playoff turnout will be poor and it might just come down to, if you show up, you advance to TOC.  Or, if you are only looking to advance 1 or 2 pilots from the wabbit playoff, then TOC might only average 8 pilots per year.  That would provide better 1v1 fights, but it's not really in the spirit of Koth, a caged death match free for all.

+1 I like this idea

~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep