Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 20456 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »
If they are the enemy's sheep, the murdering would not be indiscriminate, now, would it?  

+1 to sheep slaughter FTW!!

S.A.P.P. doesn't recognize that sheep of any side are the enemy of mankind but rather all ovines are friends to humans.  It is to that point that S.A.P.P has temporarily set aside its plans for world domination and the elimination of squadrons in Aces High to devote ourselves to saving our four legged, wool covered brethren.  For too long the sheep have been victims of our arrogant violence but NO MORE!

We are saddened and a little disgusted that HiTech would even consider the slaugher of the poor defenseless sheep as the main criteria to win the war.  The Grand Exhalted Leader is not very amused either.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »
I don't know if he makes them splatter like in Quake it might take that element's attention away from barging in on real fights.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »
  HEh now that things are settling down in WW1 why do I have this picture of HiTech looking like the genie on Aladin when he was first turning him into a prince and turned the monkey into different animals for Aladin to ride. Each time saying "Hmmm not enough...  Hmm Still not enough..."  :)

I can go along with keeping a majority of the strat play in the WW2 arenas but WW1 feels like it's just missing something but I can't put my finger on exactly what it needs.

Hmm maybe a Zeppelin hanging out at some point say 5K or so high for each country.   Maybe hanging out close to it's countries base (could be placed differently depending on how maps are made).  This Zeppelin would be able to sustain a good amount of damage before going down.   It would act as a goal and with no ord and all planes having similar speed would cause each team to have to fight through the other teams forces to get a shot at it.

I'm unsure on exactly what the winning side would get out of striking the final blow and sending the Zeppelin down as a flaming hulk onto the enemy base.  Ohh I like that.  Just watching a flaming zeppelin crash onto the base and being able to say "In your face you dirty (insert country)!" Might be fun enough lol.   

Having it at some form of alt might help spread the fight out a bit so not everything is a spin in circles in the dirt fight.

Oh well just an idea. :)
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2010, 08:34:32 PM »
Would anyone one be against shooting a heard of sheep to win?

HiTech

Of course this is your sandbox and you can do with it what you will, but I don't quite understand why you would exclude a group of players when you don't have to.  A very few, very simple measures that don't get in the way of furballing could attract a whole crowd of strat oriented players who have nowhere to go for WWI.  There doesn't even have to be a "victory" involved.  Players could have observer ranking, for example, for completing recon missions.  They could have a scout ranking for shooting down aircraft with an observer on board.  A very simple dynamic in which there is a reason to fly recon and a reason to oppose it would create a very interesting environment far above the furball, and would have zero impact on it.

Vlas

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:20 PM »
Of course, none of the things mentioned would ever be enough.

As soon as they were a week old there would be cries for "improvements" to the recently implemented item. A week after that, cries for yet more "improvements". Ad nauseaum until you're back at the WW2 MA. This is proven out by the history of the WW2 MA found right here on this board.

I might support a modified zeppelin idea though. I think the zeppelin should be in the shape of a big yellow floating banana. It should take 2/3rd of your ammo load in certain places to kill it. When you do kill it,  a score sound lifted from Super Mario should ring out on all vox channels in the arena and the text bar should flash "XXXXXXX got the banana powerup!" Then player XXXXXXX should have his gun leathality increased 100% for three minutes.

That should motivate a lot of the players and it would be one of the few things WW2 MA doesn't have yet.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »
This is from the information right up on the WWI down load,This is the first paragraph.

(WW1 air combat comes to Aces High with the introduction of four new WW1 planes and the WW1 Dogfight Arena(s). The new arena(s) is designed for pure unadulterated WW1 dogfighting with no strat or capture.)

I think that says it all.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:20:04 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »

Having it at some form of alt might help spread the fight out a bit so not everything is a spin in circles in the dirt fight.

Oh well just an idea. :)

Yeah, I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. There would be a few more tactics for WWI planes other than getting locked into flat circles on the deck if things were just a little higher on average and people could dip into the alt bank a little. Might make it more than one zepplin.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2010, 09:56:09 AM »
I would LOVE  a zeppelin with multiple gunner points.  Cruise into an area
and you would certainly make a nice target but what blast a gasbag_star
would be.  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:09:47 AM by Westy »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »
The people who are requesting other items seem to be missing the point. Almost anything suggest where people follow it by (it would not stop the fur balling) want to create a different mission then killing the other guy. Once you create a second mission you have created a reason to want to run away from any fight, or trying to by pass a fight to accomplish your other mission.

This by definition (going around a fight) drastically changes the type game play from A. To  win you must  fight to B. the best way to win is not to fight.

HiTech

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »
The people who are requesting other items seem to be missing the point. Almost anything suggest where people follow it by (it would not stop the fur balling) want to create a different mission then killing the other guy. Once you create a second mission you have created a reason to want to run away from any fight, or trying to by pass a fight to accomplish your other mission.

This by definition (going around a fight) drastically changes the type game play from A. To  win you must  fight to B. the best way to win is not to fight.

HiTech

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
I am glad to hear that Hitech has taken this stance as far as the WWI arena is concerned.  Thank you Sir! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2010, 10:15:09 AM »
Then what happens to the WW1 arena if people lose complete interest in it?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
Once you create a second mission you have created a reason to want to run away from any fight, or trying to by pass a fight to accomplish your other mission.

HiTech

:salute

:rock

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2010, 10:31:57 AM »
Then what happens to the WW1 arena if  SOME people lose complete interest in it?

Fixed it for ya.

IF SOME people lose interest, they go back to the MA and are right where they were a week or so ago. Except of course that they have the new option of fighting in the WW1 arena as well.

The people that won't lose interest have a great place to perform the mission of any air force: to fly and to fight.

At the very worst, it becomes like the A v A where a group of people continue to have a lot of fun playing their kind of game without impacting the fun of those that love the MA style of play. The A v A has been around a looooooong time with a rather small cadre of enthusiasts.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »
Then what happens to the WW1 arena if people lose complete interest in it?
Adding new machines from time to time keeps interest alive.

S.E.5.A and Albatross would be great addition for the next release cycle  :cheers:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns