Author Topic: Question about update (In WWII)  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question about update (In WWII)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »
So when I think my F4U1A has gotten slow compared to before the update, that's not just my imagination?

I remember first flight it felt like accelerating alot slower, and top speed while level also seemed lower I think..?
Between Wednesday and today, WWII aircraft have been flying about 30mph faster than they're supposed to. Now they fly like they used to before Wednesday.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 05:10:46 PM »
Grizz...were you leaking fuel when you landed?

Neg

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
Between Wednesday and today, WWII aircraft have been flying about 30mph faster than they're supposed to. Now they fly like they used to before Wednesday.

Hmm, strange.. I just feel like my hog is falling behind now compared to earlier, before Wednesday even.. So it was just my imagination after all then.  :noid

TheStig

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 10:36:58 PM »
Think it has to do w/ the new runway modeling?
(just thought about that)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 11:18:21 PM »
I noticed belly landing speeds have an effect on whether you catch fire or not. At 150 in the LA-7 you almost always catch fire. At 100 not so much.

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 11:44:31 PM »
 seem like any plane that belly lands catchs on fire in lw ma
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17:14 AM »
I haven't flown much recently, but my squad noticed that it seems to take more fire to inflict damage on enemy aircraft in WWII now. I wonder if this is a lag issue possibly caused by whatever is killing the SEA, or an effect of the new damage modeling.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
Any ideas yet?   :headscratch:

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 11:42:25 AM »
I personally haven't noticed much difference in WWII. The 1A handles just as she did before, and Spits still go down if you sneeze on their wings.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
I personally haven't noticed much difference in WWII. The 1A handles just as she did before, and Spits still go down if you sneeze on their wings.

Neither have I, I know for a fact though there is something different regarding fires based off experience.  If I do the exact same thing for a year straight with no fires and then on the first night of the patch I do it and I get a fire, I know something is different.  I know my planes well :)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 12:17:32 PM »
Think it has to do w/ the new runway modeling?
(just thought about that)

Sry I missed this.

I would doubt that HTC coded actual bumps into the runway, and it's just an added effect when you have wheels down, regardless of the surface you roll on.  That's just a guess though and it may entirely have to do with this.  All I know is something is different!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »
Me and BigRat met in the TA and was doing some F4U1D 1 on 1 stuff........

I went to ditch in the water.... was around 115/100 mph and I caught fire in the water......

was weirdest thing we both had ever seen.....

got film if needed
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »
Me and BigRat met in the TA and was doing some F4U1D 1 on 1 stuff........

I went to ditch in the water.... was around 115/100 mph and I caught fire in the water......

was weirdest thing we both had ever seen.....

got film if needed

Can you please post it TC?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »
sure thing.....it's gonna take me a lil while to get round to it.will edit my post above and include the link....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »
strange stuff for sure, but maybe more realistic? I mean, it's not often a real plane can belly land at 100-150mph without serious risk. Perhaps do some tests belly landing at much slower speeds? what speed were you at in the 152 Grizz, any ideas? Realisticaly I would be crapping my pants about landing a real plane belly style at even 60mph.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.