Author Topic: Tigers Turrent  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: Tigers Turrent
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »

"Back in the old days of canopy trees with the way old TT and graphics, when a Tiger upped in TT. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, on the opposing side, would stream. "TIGER UP! TIGER UP! THERE'S A TIGER UP!"
It was THAT feared."

Remember that from when I started playing on my 2weeker account. I think my first kill was a tiger made by carpet bombing from lancs.

"Now it's, Oh, theres a Tiger up? Let me up an M4 real quick.
The Tiger is a complete waste of perks with the intro of the M4."

M4 needs to be revised unless this is also an up armored version (I don't think it is, but could be wrong), and have its perk price raised, or the tiger could have its perk price lowered a good deal.

Tiger
Slow turret travers
Heavy armor (paper to the 17lb'er it seems)
fantastic gun (except on M4's)

Sherman VC Firefly
relativly fast turret traverse
relativly light armor (a 12" armor belt to the tiger's '88 at times)
good cannon (uber deathstar super lazer to the tiger)

Which do you think will win in a 1v1 at 2000yds?

In a T-34/76, I've survived point blank, dead on hits from a Panzer, and, once, a even T-34/85 (maybe not using HVAP). At 1600yds, I've survived a dead on, frontal hit from an M4.

I have yet to survive a hit at 1800yds from an M4 while driving a tiger.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
Back in the old days of canopy trees with the way old TT and graphics, when a Tiger upped in TT. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, on the opposing side, would stream. "TIGER UP! TIGER UP! THERE'S A TIGER UP!"
It was THAT feared. Back then, you could drive right up to a Panzer, him shooting at you the whole time, and plug him 1 shot. People would rack up 30-40 kills easily in that thing. Not only that, but it took a Lanc's full 14K to kill one. It was "uber", and that's what made it feared, and that's what made it friggin' amazing. The good thing was, Tigers were a rarity, there wasn't 10 tigers out at once, because if you spawned in chances are you weren't going back unless you played it safe. There would be a single tiger, and whichever side had the Tiger, would start winning at the point of them having it.

I miss those days. I remember the night I took on six or seven of the LTARs Tiger vs Tigers with JoeDog up in the air spotting and whacking bomb****s. Was easily the most heart-pumping time I've ever had in Aces High. It should also be pointed out that Ch200 (or was is still Ch1?) was awash with "There's a massive Tiger fight going on at A**, stay away unless you're bringing one." So much so that another Tiger-on-Tiger fight broke out at the other side of the field. So many perks were burned during that fight I don't even wanna think about it...though I never died. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 06:17:46 PM »
Lol, "Hey, theres a "massive"..."? From what I'm counting, it would be around 7 tigers there.

Lets see: 40 Panzers all mobing the enemy tiger + 6 friendly tigers= OOZ662 dies  :aok. Should be a simple choice.

Really, I think most people are too conservative about GV'ing. I've seen people in M4's (when they were 5 perks) skirt the edges of a fight, and stay away from the hot spot saying "Are you crazy? I don't wana loose my perks," when I'm charging in there with a tiger (its armor still seem to work fine against panzers and T-34/76's, and reasonably well against T-34/85's provided you hit them by the second shot) smashing s**t up.

IMO, a hoard of 25 panzers ignoring losses (untill they are at point blank range) and then mobbing the defenders one at a time would work better than the slow scoot 'n shoot method most use now. Really, you have to be unlucky to be the one panzer singled out from all the others.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »
Lol, "Hey, theres a "massive"..."? From what I'm counting, it would be around 7 tigers there.

Lets see: 40 Panzers all mobing the enemy tiger + 6 friendly tigers= OOZ662 dies  :aok. Should be a simple choice.

Seeing as I was killing six of the elite tank drivers from back then and that it was around 2 AM PST, there weren't 40 people available to swamp me. And even then, back then, the Tiger could take an assault from a group of Panzers (not as exaggerated as 40, as the only place you found more than 20 GVers total on both sides was Tank Town) and not bat an eye so long as the driver was able to shift the tank around to make up for the slow turret traverse.

Were you even around for Aces High 1?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 06:28:59 PM »
Just barely. I think it was the last 2 weeks of the final version, and then it was around a year before I got to play again. I was very sporadic about playing up till about 3 months ago.