Author Topic: Base Orientation  (Read 422 times)

Offline 1Longbow

• Zinc Member
Base Orientation
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »
I see that others have also posted concerning this issue.  I would also like to see the orientation be defined, as in the real world, no one would plan a bombing sortie with aerial photos of the intended target.  How else does one plan a proper ingress and alignment with the desired targets without knowing the layout.  Normally, this would be done by photo recon, but as was stated by others, that takes a lot of time, and is not germain to the game, whereas, planning a proper bomb run is really what the game should be about instead of it being willy-nilly.  I would think it quite possible to just orient the/a icon to define the orientation.  For those of us who prefer precision bombing tactics, this little fix would go a long way...

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: Base Orientation
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »
     My my, a buff jockey.  Well that's certainly a stunner  :rofl
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »
Having unlimited lives as well as enemy bases are being reachable in just a few minutes, AH is offering you an additional thrill and mission option:

Fly your own recon. Take a fast plane, climb to 10k and do a daring recon run into enemy airspace. Get all you knowledge you need to shut down the FH's in a single pass :)

And as base orientation never changes, the intel gained this way is getting never outdated!
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »
Having unlimited lives as well as enemy bases are being reachable in just a few minutes, AH is offering you an additional thrill and mission option:

Fly your own recon. Take a fast plane, climb to 10k and do a daring recon run into enemy airspace. Get all you knowledge you need to shut down the FH's in a single pass :)

And as base orientation never changes, the intel gained this way is getting never outdated!
:rofl :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:59:03 AM »
besides, isn't there just the one map (compello) where there are differently oriented bases?

every other base on every other map is standard aren't they?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.