Author Topic: High School Science  (Read 790 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: High School Science
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »
Ever been to a zoo.  :D

Maybe the sounds coming from the chimps and other apes are them speaking to us in human baby language.  They're using that communication as a condescending attempt to tell us they're smarter than us. :noid
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 11:53:45 AM »
I was thinking more of us being condescending to them.  :aok
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »
Hey Oakranger...I've been sitting here trying to figure out how any DNA evidence has been found to support how humans condescended from apes...  :D  I have seen the research on the theory that early humans may have descended from apes...but nothing to support condescension.

condescend:
1. to act graciously towards another or others regarded as being on a lower level; behave patronizingly
2. to do something that one regards as below one's dignity

descend:
1 : to pass from a higher place or level to a lower one <descended from the platform>
2 : to pass in discussion from what is logically prior or more comprehensive
3 a : to originate or come from an ancestral stock or source : derive <descends from an old merchant family> b : to pass by inheritance <a desk that has descended in the family> c : to pass by transmission <songs descended from old ballads>
4 : to incline, lead, or extend downward <the road descends to the river>
5 a : to swoop or pounce down (as in a sudden attack) b : to appear suddenly and often disconcertingly as if from above <reporters descended on the candidate>
6 : to proceed in a sequence or gradation from higher to lower or from more remote to nearer or more recent
7 a : to lower oneself in status or dignity : stoop b : to worsen and sink in condition or estimation

Please tell me you didn't teach the class that the kid who wrote that answer was in...
 :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

I lived in Kansas. It is forbidden to talk about evolution in schools.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
I lived in Kansas. It is forbidden to talk about evolution in schools.
Oh yeah, I remember that! Didn't that case spawn Pastafarianism?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember that! Didn't that case spawn Pastafarianism?

Not sure.  while in high school, i pissed off a lot of people who did not believe evolution.  i ended the argument by saying, "we have fossils, what dose creation have." 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 09:19:45 PM »
Hopefully better spelling. :devil
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54