Author Topic: Pilot & bombardier now the same guy?  (Read 224 times)

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
Pilot & bombardier now the same guy?
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
I’m pretty sure this was introduced at the same time as the WW1 stuff.  - 2.18

I was flying a set of lanks in mid war and was engaged by a 109 enroute to the enemy base. My pilot was wounded – jelly all over the windows. I did what I always do, hop into a gunner. I flew to target in the nose gunner, and then hopped to the pilot. He was just blacking out. I waited for him to come-to, and then hopped into the bombardier. I did my calibration, lined up on my target, and just as I was about to drop bombs my bombardier started to black out! When I came to, I was past the target. I thought maybe my bombardier got hit in the same strafing run as the pilot so I hit the look up and checked around – no jelly, and no mention of anything on the damage list either. For the next 20 minutes my bombardier kept blacking out. And I compared it to the pilot’s cycle, they were the same.

This leads to the inference that AH is considering the Pilot and Bombardier to be the same crew member. If this is intentional, please explain the logic; as I cannot see a WWII pilot getting out of his seat to crawl down into the nose and drop bombs.

InCrypt
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...