Author Topic: computer glasses  (Read 873 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
computer glasses
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:38:27 AM »
might not be the right forum but...

Was having trouble with the bifocals and the game having to hold head certain way to stay focused. Got a pair of prescription "computer glasses" for screen distance only.What a difference. :O

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: computer glasses
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:50:41 AM »
I know for me switching to a 23" monitor and being able to adjust where the screen was made a big difference.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »
I did the same thing. Ended up buying a couple pair of those cheapo glasses...... They break easy. :)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 10:43:01 AM »
I had the walmart things for a bit after my cataract surgery in December to read with but got the real thing for $68.00 They will last and are exactly what the doctor prescribed.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »
 If you go to the eye doc,ask for him to set the focal length out for monitor use.

I have a pair like that,1 problem tho you must remain within the focal distance from the monitor,unfortunately my eyes continue to need corrections so I need to have them replaced.

I'm most likely going to a big monitor and sit further away as my distance vision is fine.

I use a 24 in now but I think something around 40 to 60 in would do wonders for my vision...... :devil

:salute

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »
I like the way Morfiend thinks !  My 32" flat screen has the connector for the comp and I have been tempted to hook it up but 60" now we're talkin  :joystick:  :airplane:

Sorry flat didn't mean to Highjack <S> we now continue with our normally schedueled programming.
Game name ToeTag

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 12:53:35 AM »
I like the way Morfiend thinks !  My 32" flat screen has the connector for the comp and I have been tempted to hook it up but 60" now we're talkin  :joystick:  :airplane:

I have a 52" sitting about 20 feet from my gaming rig....  I'm really tempted to drag the comp over and hook it up...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:35:40 AM »
I was using an old set of computer glasses to fair advantage, but my latest set included "progressive" bifocals rather then the old style. These work VERY well and I am in the process of developing the muscle memory to allow me to use them in combat. I think I like them better than the computer glasses simply because I can compensate for whatever distance my head is from my 20" monitor.  (I use Track IR as well, so I find that I move my head in and out as well as side to side.)

Still can't shoot worth a damn though!! :O

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 05:33:18 AM »
I think I've just adjusted to my bad eye sight. The doctor says I need glasses or contact lens, but I never wear any and I can see fairly well.  :cool: