Author Topic: Tired of bomb****s while your in your GV?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Tired of bomb****s while your in your GV?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 08:40:08 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The A20 is by far the favorite plane of the bomb****s.   Aces High either needs to ban the plane and drop it, or heavily perk it, just like they do the Me-262.

:O  :huh  :rofl  :rofl
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline GradeyShane

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 08:47:32 AM »
GV's seem to have a florescent glow from a lot of angles when I'm using ground vis range.  I see those waaaay before I see an icon :D

Man, I so need to get a better PC- those pics with the res packages are amazing!
Snowbird Knight fighter

Offline Mad2009

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 09:40:33 AM »
Without the icons it would be more challenging, what if its a friendly vehicle you end up dropping on? I like the idea, how many "mistaken" attacks on friendly vehicles took place in WWII?

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
Without the icons it would be more challenging, what if its a friendly vehicle you end up dropping on? I like the idea, how many "mistaken" attacks on friendly vehicles took place in WWII?

I can't support this, there would just be too many FF incidents.  Since all countries (knight, rook, bishop) can use GVs from either side of WWII, there's be no way of differentiating between friendly/foe.  I realise that that's what you ask for in your post, but IMO that'd take more away from the game than it'd give to it.

To be honest, I think the only solution is for GVers to try and get Wirbles along with them wherever they go, that's the single most effective deterrent for a plane.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
you want no enemy icons, go into the AVA. otherwise GV's are fair game. they were in the real war, and they should be in this game.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »
To be honest, I think the only solution is for GVers to try and get Wirbles along with them wherever they go, that's the single most effective deterrent for a plane.
Absolutely...and don't sit in one spot long enough for a plane to drop a bomb on you.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
when I'm GV'in and see bombers approaching, i hit that little button called start and get the thing moving, bombers are easy to get away from, now fighters carrying bombs ill just go find a nice forest of trees and just drive in and out of them, never giving them the chance to line up the drop, by then they usually will hit a tree or friendlies will show up and the bad guy scatters, just don't sit in one spot and expect NOT to get killed
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »
The A20 is by far the favorite plane of the bomb****s.   Aces High either needs to ban the plane and drop it, or heavily perk it, just like they do the Me-262.

Put down the crack pipe and slowly back away.  Though, I did get a nice hearty laugh at the first "Perk the A-20" comment I've seen to date.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 01:14:21 PM »
Perk the A20. It shouldn't even be in the game. Anytime i ho a spit with one .....well the spit just dies. :banana: Now pass the pipe i'm off to WW1 to get the dirty on the Dr1. I heard it's a dweeb plane that turns too good  :bolt:
Lighten up Francis

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »
Do what I do when I am trying to GV and the bomb****s are thick. Go get in your plane of choice (P-51D for me) and take the time to fly to the base they are upping from and pork the ords. They can do one of two things. Man up and get in a tank and come out and fight or two resupply the base to get the ords back up so they can bomb**** some more. If they are driving M-3s with supplies they ain't bombing me. If they get the ords back up I go bomb them again. Trust me they will get sick of driving M-3s way faster than I will get sick of porking their ords. One P-51 can kill all four ords at a large base and fly home safe. All you need is two 500 pound bombs and guns.

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

i prefer the B25H with 500lbers  :D
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »
I think what we see here is a simple mis-understanding of the GVers place in the AH food chain.

GVs feed bomb****s
bomb****s feed bomb**** destroyers
bomb**** destroyers feed bomb**** Destroyer Pickers.

The GVs that hope to elevate themselves to the next evolutionary tier will befriend the services of multiple bomb**** destroyers and, for the truly proactive ones, a cadre of bomb**** destroyer picker destroyers.

Is it beginning to become clearer now?

In the advanced AH Food Chain course we will explore the GV-WirBY-bomb****-Firefly circle of life.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 03:25:27 PM »
There is nothing better than dropping a 500kg bomb straight on top of a Firefly.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »
Personally there is almost nothing better than taking the time to deliver a 1800kg bomb from a  stuka on top of several wirbies that have congregated together.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »
I've been a bomb**** for years and after seeing this thread, may just change my game ID to "bomb****".   :devil

Oh the whines.  Like rusty violins.  :)

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."