Author Topic: Perk pts in the dueling arena  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Perk pts in the dueling arena
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
The primary purpose of the "Dueling Arena" is to have a place where players can fight against each other unimpeded by anything else.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »
Just playing Uptown. They would have noticed once someone showed up whining for their free Tempest back.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »
The primary purpose of the "Dueling Arena" is to have a place where players can fight against each other unimpeded by anything else.

Then why the lake?
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
So players can furball, if they want.  You just do so within the constraints of the arena settings.  Those settings are there to support the primary function of the arena.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
It would be awesome if you could bet perk points in a duel.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »
So players can furball, if they want.  You just do so within the constraints of the arena settings.  Those settings are there to support the primary function of the arena.

What I want to know, respectfully, is why you guys don't provide an environment for pure furballing that matches the constraints of the MA. After all the MA's perk system is to balance game play and you guys have said repeatedly that the primary purpose of this game is aerial combat yet there is no venue provided that allows this to happen according to balanced game play constraints.
AoM

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
Thing is, I agree with HiTech this time.

That being said, could you please reenable the 163's at the canyon bases.  I really miss the 163 canyon races.

Pleeeeeease HiTech...... :pray
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
You mean other than egos :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »
<Inflating trial balloon and releasing it to the winds>

Skuzzy, would there be any interest in creating 3 Furball Lakes, an EW, MW and LW version to match the various MAs?

<duck and cover, duck and cover, duck and cover>
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 12:38:57 PM »
<Inflating trial balloon and releasing it to the winds>

Skuzzy, would there be any interest in creating 3 Furball Lakes, an EW, MW and LW version to match the various MAs?

<duck and cover, duck and cover, duck and cover>
In a perfect world that would be great, but you know everyone or most anyway, will fill up LW. EW&MW would be ghost towns and waste of space
Lighten up Francis

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »
In a perfect world that would be great, but you know everyone or most anyway, will fill up LW. EW&MW would be ghost towns and waste of space

I would be in EW and MW simultaneously.  Just to be contrary and prove you wrong   :noid

:D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »
I would be likin' the P40 arena for a while.I Tryed a P40 at DA lake a few times and i just can't compete will the 4hogs in it.  1 vs 1 is hard enough but 2 or 3 at a time...
Lighten up Francis

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 01:00:38 PM »
Skip the EW and have a MW & LW?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »
Skip the EW and have a MW & LW?
nooooo. Have you not been in WW1? Pure TnB the earlier you get imo. The problem i see with that is by lumping EW with MW, you get too many MW planes...jugs, ponys, and too many 38s.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:06:03 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
I typed that really quick right before lunch on my phone.  I’ll try to make what I don’t understand more clear…  

First, HTC has stated several times in several forms that the primary aspect of game play in AH is aerial combat.  Second, the perk point system is in place to maintain balanced game play.  With those two points simultaneously in our minds, why is there no arena environment where the aerial combat aspect of the game is stressed as the unique feature of that arena and there is a system in place that keeps that environment balanced and therefore enjoyable for the majority of the players?  

Put yet another way:

HTC’s statement in the introduction of the WWI arenas, “The new arena(s) is designed for pure unadulterated WW1 dogfighting with no strat or capture” is an implied admission that the current WWII MA’s are not for "pure unadulterated dogfighting".  But if dogfighting is the focus of AH then where is there an environment for “pure unadulterated dogfighting” with WWII planes?  The answer to that can only be the lake in the DA.  Why does that environment not have a system that provides for balanced game play?  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:24:09 PM by SunBat »
AoM