Author Topic: stop the spawn camping...  (Read 1704 times)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: stop the spawn camping...
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »
Spawn camping is something I can't stand either. It's just taking advantage of the circumstance of the game. I'm not referring to camping a hangar either. RL - If a tank can get into a vehicle lager, he would be in position to put a round in all the pretty tanks lined up before their crews would have a chance to get in them. Granted, getting on the field without anyone know would be a bit trickier. AH - If you can get on the field and camp a hanger, OK. 
The new V base field layout encourages camping and also makes it MUCH easier to do. You can camp the spawn hanger from off field easily. Why they removed the hedges... :rolleyes:
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
I wasn't doing it, I SAW hit happen, that doesn't mean I DID it. You're so caught up trying to kill this thread, you WON'T read it seems  :lol.

Caldera, I suggest you don't just skim through a post, but read every word in the scentence. I asked the guy not to kill tank that are already being fired at (had 2 shells on him and the gun was reloading).

I don't need to read every word to know you do the same things that you are whining about others doing.
Do you attest that you don't ever spawn camp or bomb GVs? 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 08:26:23 PM »
I don't camp unless there is 5 of us against 15-20 tanks, or there is a CV off shore shelling us, and bomb****s wasting 14 1000lb bombs for a single kill.

I don't bomb a good fight. I'll bomb base takers and hanger campers (whole diffent story if you can't defend, spawn campers just stop an attack).

What others do is upto them, but I try to keep it semi clean at least. If you feel that its perfectly fine to waste 14000lbs of ord on 1 panzer getting shelled and fired at from 3 uppers, then thats you.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 08:37:28 PM »
Never used a Lanc to bomb****.  B5Ns and TBMs are my faves. 
I don't try to ruin a fight either.  But if GVs are rolling toward a base or town, they are gonna get it.  :D

Oh, and one more thing.  If someone ups a FLAK, I'll bomb them even if they're just out for a picnic lunch.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 08:43:46 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
I have no quams about bombing flacks either, they often ruin a good dogfight. If it ruins a good fight of any kind, I try to kill it.

Then I have no problem with you, as I CAN kill you with my pintel gun, or my main cannon if I get lucky, but bomb****ing lancs just piss me off.

Long as you're not one of those that sees a GV fight as a free lunch spread, and a good way to land 7 kills in a lancaster, then we'll get on fine :airplane:.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »
I want Pak-36(r), Zis-2,and Bs-3 AT guns in concrete block houses that are invincible to tanks, and fire at tanks out to  1500yds away, and with a 37mm AA gun that fires at tanks at 1700 yds, so they have a warning that they're about to die. Have them in a ring around the spawn, with the Bs-3's facing towards the front-left and front-right, the Pak-36(r)'s facing toward the sides, and the Zis-2's facing toward the back-left, and back-right.

Have the AT guns 100yds away from the center of the spawn, the 37mm AA gun dead center of the spawn, and the AT guns 100yds out
why not just get these without the blockhouses? and make them spawnable?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »
Would be killed by a spit I without the blockhouses.

And how do you propose we move them? Shall we have the crew haul them around at 25mph while the ammo is magicly transported at the same time? That would be way too gamey. Could see it if they moved at 5mph, and had to be "supplyed" by an M3 every time they moved more than 200yds.

And it wouldn't stop campers any better than a tank (worse in fact, they have no armor, so .30's will be instant kills).

Wouldn't mind if we could have an M3 hitch one and tow it to where it wants to go, and then let it possition itself (get under the trees, or turn it the right direction) after the M3 has unhitched the gun. This would be usefull on the maps with canyon GV bases. Haul a few out when you're getting your bellybutton kicked and retreat past them so the attackers run into a pit trap(metahporicly speaking). Since they are just the guns, they would be damned hard to see in tall grass (if you turn the detailed ground off, you don't see any of that stuff, so they could hide in the bushes (for the other guys) and kill them before they're spotted.

We could do that by taking the panzer's gun, mounting it on a historicly accurate carriage, and calling it a Pak-40. Infact, I'm going to make a new thread for this. Ty 321BAR.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 06:42:11 AM »
well i actually just replied to that thread before reading this one.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
Lol, but I'm supprised we don't already have a Pak 40 since its the same gun as the Panzer has. Would seem like one of the fist things we get.

*HTC's list of additions*

P-51D
Fw190D
B-17
A6M
Panzer
T-34
Yak9
Pak 40

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Its not the spawn camping i don't like because me and my squaddies can uncamp just about any spawn.
Its the eggtards that come in and start bombing during a perfectly uncamped spawn battle.
I understand they pay ther $15 a month but at some point you have to have a little respect for the guys that just want to fight in GV's.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »
Not gona believe what I saw today:
4 sets of lancs CARPET BOMBING their own GV base when there was 1 M8 turreted about 500yds out from the MAP ROOM hanger.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
Not gona believe what I saw today:
4 sets of lancs CARPET BOMBING their own GV base when there was 1 M8 turreted about 500yds out from the MAP ROOM hanger.

Did you get video of said event through the bomb sight of your lanc?
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
nope, don't bomb**** dunnrite. I think its one of the most annoying and dweebish things you can do in a lanc.