Author Topic: how exactly do you replace the AH sound pack?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
how exactly do you replace the AH sound pack?
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »
this is my first time ever touching the files for AHII, i can't even find them. i know to copy the sounds from AH to back them up and then replace the contents of the sounds folder with the new pack. But i cant even find this folder
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: how exactly do you replace the AH sound pack?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »
There is a "sounds" folder.

You back that up, by which I mean rename it, and then unzip your "sound pack" into the original folder name thus replacing it.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:14:38 PM »
There is a "sounds" folder.

You back that up, by which I mean rename it, and then unzip your "sound pack" into the original folder name thus replacing it.
yes but where is the sound folder?
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:01:28 PM »
It's in your AH2 folder.  The default one is empty.  Delete it or name it something else (if you really need an empty folder) then place your unzipped soundpack folder in your AH folder.  Make sure the soundpack folder is named Sounds (it usually already is, depending which you download.

Here's my lil how-to:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,184203.msg2828131.html#msg2828131
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »
ok thank you guys <S> the sounds are so great. i just want that dang spit16 to be covered up with a sound now
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:27:54 AM »
Hey Bar, I'd like to add that you don't have to use all of the sounds in a sound pack. I have got most, if not all, the sound packs and mix them up. It takes some time to go though every sound one by one but it's sure worth it when it's all done. I can sit in the tower now and can tell if a 38J or 38L is out there. Whether a Panzer or Sherman, LA5 or 7. :) It's a lot of fun to mix it up.
Lighten up Francis

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »
Hey Bar, I'd like to add that you don't have to use all of the sounds in a sound pack. I have got most, if not all, the sound packs and mix them up. It takes some time to go though every sound one by one but it's sure worth it when it's all done. I can sit in the tower now and can tell if a 38J or 38L is out there. Whether a Panzer or Sherman, LA5 or 7. :) It's a lot of fun to mix it up.
thank ya uptown :aok i actually got creative the day afterwards and put the merlin66 of the stang and the spit9 sounds into a Spit8 and spit16 folder and it actually works without downloading any other pack... also took the F4U1D and made it an 1A folder also. going to do the T34 and stuff soon if i wanna. shermans...dont know what to do there...
Happy Jack's Go Buggy