Author Topic: cool idea by ghosth  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
cool idea by ghosth
« on: June 19, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »
when your team has way more players than the other teams get rid of all AI (ack and flak) since they have the extra people to man them!

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
Ok, I'll bite how much is "Way More".

2, 5, 10, 20, 30?

Nexus

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
hmmmm....
I like it.. they can either man the AA, defend the field with AC, or lose territory  ;)... hehe

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Good idea, but it wouldn't matter at this point, see, when its 80 vs 20, you cannot spare anyone for offensive ops, if you do, then you get 10 Osties up at the nearest VH, a country with 4 to 1 odds against them rarely has the luxery to go offensive without losing ground while doing so...

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2001, 03:14:00 PM »
That and giving perk points to pilots who fly for and get kills for the least # side as suggested in another thread.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2001, 12:00:00 AM »
But thats the sweet part of it ripsnort. When the numbers get that far out of whack, they'd lose all AI ack. That means any field can be captured by a single M3 or c-47.

Sure they'll save some fields by rolling ground vehicles. But that helps pull their ability to keep takeing fields.

As to the numbers question, thats easy.
Break population down by percentage of total.

The baseline or standard would be 1/3 of all those online for any given country. At this point half the ack are AI, and half are manable. If the numbers stay fairly close it stay's like this.

However, if one country for whatever reason gets a big numbers advantage the AI changes.
Say the Bish have 50% , and the rest are split knight & rook.

So instead of 33 % you have 50% bish, 25% knight, 25% rook.

At the base % each country would have it's normal AI ack plus 3 manable ack like we have now. As one country gains numbers & resulting % they lose AI acks, while the outnumbered country's GAIN AI acks.

Somewhere around the 2 to 1 ratio ALL AI acks would be dead. The country with the numbers would have the choice of.

A manning acks (or defending via osty's, AC)
B Losing fields to sneak attacks by hordes of c-47's & M3's.

In other words it's a self balanceing feature. The farther the numbers get out of balance the harder it is for the strong country to gain territory. While at the same time the  underdog suddenly can steal fields easily.

You could even break it down more by haveing the small fields Acks go first, then the Med fields, and the large fields last.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Just making a country's AI defenses inversely proportional to its player numbers (regardless of the balance between countrys) would help a lot.  It would give the gang banged country's a break when numbers are high, AND make it darn near impossible to grab land durning off hours when there are very few players online.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
balancing ... well it won't help winning the war no ?
I don't thing the MA's country need balancing but more a surrender capability.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »
Ghosth, good idea.
I like the self-balancing slant.

I really like the lack of off-hour field-taking also.  Good thinking.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »
Everybody keeps looking in the wrong direction.. instead of expecting the game to compensate for numbers mismatch; why not get smart and use tactics to compensate?

What would Patton do when faced with superior numbers holding the terrain and logistics advantage?? A Frontal Attack right where the enemy has a 10 to 1 adavantage?? Not likely.

Why in hell any side sits under huge number deficit and attempts to 'stop' the other side with suicidal reups from a capped field? fediddlein tards! It just amazes me every time I see it.

Tactics. Don't take much in the way of tactics to outsmart a herd of lemmings streaming toward yer field when yah think about it, does it?

Nope.. just requires TEAMWORK. (arrrgh!! I want the sim to have built in teamwork!)

LOL!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2001, 06:33:00 PM »
He probably would of sat down, stuck a cigar in his mouth, and blamed it on McArthur

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Hangtime:
What would Patton do when faced with superior numbers holding the terrain and logistics advantage?? A Frontal Attack right where the enemy has a 10 to 1 adavantage?? Not likely.

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
cool idea by ghosth
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2001, 07:58:00 PM »
I don't remember this being a problem in AirWarrior. The same 3 country setup was used as in AcesHigh. Could it be the difference in map sizes? AW maps were much larger than the ones we are using in AH.

Any thoughts on this theory?