Author Topic: Just a few GV bugs I've noticed...  (Read 594 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Just a few GV bugs I've noticed...
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »
First off, supps won't repair vehicles, only give them ammo, and even then its not all the time. One time it took 2 supply boxes to give me ammo.

Second, sometimes tanks aren't "solid" for a few seconds after upping. Rounds will just pass through them, or have no effect on them. I've seen a 4000lb bomb from a stuka land ON one and have no effect what so ever.

Tanks are taking an unusuall number of rounds to kill, I had to put 7 HVAP (T-34/76) rounds into the top of a panzer to kill it at 1400yds.

Anyone else noticed these problems, and anyone (coughHiTechcough) know whats up?
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
Re: Just a few GV bugs I've noticed...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »
I noticed the GV bug of supplies not repairing damage such as engines after 2 or 3 supplies and 10-15 min. But after camping a hanger last night, I ran out of ammo and all T34/85 AP & HVAP killed at about 1000 out. Have film of both if needed. The supply issue had 3-4 of us in the 79th cussing the bug.  :mad:

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 08:06:59 PM »
strange, I have many people to back up the tanks not being solid. Had a tiger kill someone just after my 88mm shell went through his turret and hit around 5ft behind him.

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »
First off, supps won't repair vehicles, only give them ammo, and even then its not all the time. One time it took 2 supply boxes to give me ammo.

Second, sometimes tanks aren't "solid" for a few seconds after upping. Rounds will just pass through them, or have no effect on them. I've seen a 4000lb bomb from a stuka land ON one and have no effect what so ever.

Tanks are taking an unusuall number of rounds to kill, I had to put 7 HVAP (T-34/76) rounds into the top of a panzer to kill it at 1400yds.

Anyone else noticed these problems, and anyone (coughHiTechcough) know whats up?
i have noticed some of this problems

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »
I was out spawn hunting in a panzer and got tracked. I got 3 boxes of supplies and it still didn't fix my track. I thought it was a new thing they instuted on new patch
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 01:38:09 PM »
Nope, its some sort of bug. And its not all the time. I've had my pintil gun fixed by grabbing some supplys.

And the delay between a gv spawning, and you seeing it also seems worse. Yesterday, a GV got off 2 shots at me before he appeared. Srry no vid, just started using auto record after 4:00PM when I went and checked the BB's, and this was at 2 or so.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 02:15:02 AM »
Add to the list one invincible Tiger:mad:  I dropped 2 1000 lb bombs on top of it.  Then another 500 lb bomb dead center.  Another countryman in an A20 dropped at least another 4 x 500 lb bombs in the same spot.

I spoke with the Tiger operator over channel 200, he said that he was sitting in a crater made from rockets shot from an IL2.
  Lucky him, afterward we took tanks to kill him (within range of our Airfield).  A friendly Tiger recorded as many as 8 hits, before it even lost a track.  This was Saturday night in the Orange MA.  I have film recorded if you need to see for yourself.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 12:13:33 PM »
I would love for you to post the film chilli, this is an example of super tanks. It needs to be fixed, even though it works both ways (finally survived a hit from an M4 while in a panzer, was at 1500yds).

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »
I hear ya Nemisis, although I am not sure if this is an old bug, re appearing since update or just an occasional glitch, not worth the troubleshooting effort.

I am hoping it is an old bug that has a relatively easy fix.  Sometime ago I remember there being some reference to the bomb blasts occurring at a elevation different from where the vehicle was sitting (something like that - may have had to do with trees).  The extensive number of tank rounds taken  :headscratch: however, may just be armor angles or some other coincidental alignment of the stars.

If any staffer would like to review the films, I am more willing to send them.  At the moment, I don't think there is any need to possibly show an "innocent" player in a somewhat sketchy position reaping the benefits of a glitch, not of his own doing.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »
It doesn't matter if it's a new, old, big, or small bug. Films are never, ever a bad thing. HTC practically begs for films because they're so useful in solving problems. Using an AH film they can decompile it and look into blast vectors and force, round trajectories and penetration, ect, and even current network status. It isn't just a video.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 01:47:25 PM »
Thanks OOZ,  (How ya been brutha?)

In this case I will send the film to one of them.  I just want to make it clear that I am hopefully giving them a tool, and not trying to be one  :bolt:

I feel for Skuzzy, I always bug him with stuff, and am sure his plate is full.  OOZ, who(on staff) do you think would be most interested in seeing this bomb blast stuff?

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 01:58:40 PM »
support@hitechcreations is where they ask people to send films. They get sifted around to the person that can address the bug.

Just before they released the new terrain system, I sent in a film of my Panzer falling through the landscape. I figured it was something tiny, but it ended up being a bug they'd been hunting since Aces High 1 and could never reproduce; ended up getting fixed just in time for the mass terrain release. So, you never know what will come from a bug film.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:02:35 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »
Last night I got a good tape of it.  Was tracked in a T34/85 and tried 6-7 supplies and all it did was re-arm me, no track repair.  I was there for approx 15min, until our squad took the base.  Will send in the film tonight when I get home.  :headscratch:

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »
I was in an M16, got tracked and turreted.  Supplies fixed my gun, but would not fix the track.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »
Wierd, so its different for each vehicle then? Won't do toejam with the tiger. Will reapir pintil gun on the Panzer (sometimes), and only repairs the guns on the M16.