Author Topic: my duel with ACKACK  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: my duel with ACKACK
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
what am I supposed to do on first merge?

Don't shoot on that merge, get in a habit of not doing it, even in the MA.  Even if it works once in a while, you'll never improve as a pilot and guys will continue to outfly you.  By not putting yourself in a bad position you can start learning about ACMs that will be effective.

Read up on e-management (energy management) a little.  You continued cutting your throttle or engine then going into verticle where you would lose the little e you had and stall out.  Make sure you understand how the stall buzzer works.  Losing all that E, then stalling out, and falling to the ground is not effective ACM.

Someone else mentioned this, but pick a plane and fly it almost exclusively for a few tours.  Learn its stall speeds, what speed it will compress, etc, just learn the plane. 
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
what am I supposed to do on first merge?

Don't shoot on that merge, get in a habit of not doing it, even in the MA.  Even if it works once in a while, you'll never improve as a pilot and guys will continue to outfly you.  By not putting yourself in a bad position you can start learning about ACMs that will be effective.

Read up on e-management (energy management) a little.  You continued cutting your throttle or engine then going into verticle where you would lose the little e you had and stall out.  Make sure you understand how the stall buzzer works.  Losing all that E, then stalling out, and falling to the ground is not effective ACM.

Someone else mentioned this, but pick a plane and fly it almost exclusively for a few tours.  Learn its stall speeds, what speed it will compress, etc, just learn the plane.   

Folks, play nice.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
Poke a bear one too many times with a stick and the bear is going to have some lunch.

ack-ack

nice, I'd say you had a beffet then.  :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »

*edit - there is no stigma to working with a trainer -
I have no idea what your definition of stigma is, but my definition of it makes it a good thing
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 09:18:05 PM »
I have no idea what your definition of stigma is, but my definition of it makes it a good thing

:huh Dictionary man.

Folks, play nice.

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »
:huh Dictionary man.
do you want to know my definition?
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »

What your definition of "stigma" is, is irrelevant considering it already has an established definition.  For chits and giggles though, I would be interested in seeing what your definition is.  I'm sure we'll all get a good laugh out of it.

stig·ma   /ˈstɪgmə/  Show Spelled[stig-muh]  Show IPA
–noun,pluralstig·ma·ta  /ˈstɪgmətə, stɪgˈmɑtə, -ˈmætə/  Show Spelled[stig-muh-tuh, stig-mah-tuh, -mat-uh]  Show IPA, stig·mas.
1.a mark of disgrace or infamy; a stain or reproach, as on one's reputation.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »
Stigma is a song by Chloë Agnew, one of the greatest singers around. Now dont make me post a video of this too

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 09:44:53 PM »
Stigma is a song by Chloë Agnew, one of the greatest singers around. Now dont make me post a video of this too

....I'm not sure if you could've come up with a more irrelevant tangent if you tried.... :confused:
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 09:49:04 PM »

it's not "Stigma" it is "Sigma" .... her song that is

on her "Walking In The Air" Album

http://www.lyricszoo.com/chloe-agnew/sigma/
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 09:49:24 PM »

It doesn't matter in the least what your definition is man.

The definition is:
stig·ma
   /ˈstɪgmə/ Show Spelled[stig-muh] Show IPA
–noun,pluralstig·ma·ta  /ˈstɪgmətə, stɪgˈmɑtə, -ˈmætə/ Show Spelled[stig-muh-tuh, stig-mah-tuh, -mat-uh] Show IPA, stig·mas.
a mark of disgrace or infamy; a stain or reproach, as on one's reputation.

You don't just get to make up your own definitions of existing words and have them be legitimate, that's not how language works.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »
it's not "Stigma" it is "Sigma" .... her song that is

on her "Walking In The Air" Album

http://www.lyricszoo.com/chloe-agnew/sigma/
And some spell it stigma

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »
And some spell it stigma

And some take their own lives in a truck-stop restroom with a .45 Magnum. By that logic, you should do the same.  :)
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
And some take their own lives in a truck-stop restroom with a .45 Magnum. By that logic, you should do the same.  :)
they are on dope. no tope nessesary to spell

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »

Folks, play nice.