Author Topic: my duel with ACKACK  (Read 7261 times)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
Re: my duel with ACKACK
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
And some spell it stigma

Nope, that's now how spelling works either.  You don't just get to make up your own spellings for words or spell them however you personally like and expect to be able to communicate with anyone.  Sigma is a letter of the Greek alphabet.  You'll note that it's totally different than the word stigma.  

Instead of rocking back on your heels and trying to rationalize ways that you're not wrong in an off the cuff post, perhaps you could take a second, look something up and have some humility.  It's a big world out there, some people are just going to know more than you.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 09:58:41 PM »
It's a big world out there, some people are just going to know more than you.

Some, in this case, being the VAST majority  :lol
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:44 PM »
they are on dope. no tope nessesary to spell

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?

http://www.schoolhouserock.tv/Conjunction.html

kingcobradude, your Elementary School  is back --------------------------> that way........  :cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 10:00:35 PM »
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?

http://www.schoolhouserock.tv/Conjunction.html

kingcobradude, your Elementary School  is back --------------------------> that way........  :cheers:
Im in high school. my strong point is science and math, not language arts
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »
and I a mere freshman, but look how well I fare on this BBS.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2010, 10:07:33 PM »

For science especially it's vitally important to be able to communicate precisely and comprehensibly.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 10:08:56 PM »
they also invented spell check
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »
Stigma is a song by Chloë Agnew, one of the greatest singers around. Now dont make me post a video of this too

I really don't know what to say, other than out of a million sperm the most stupid one won the race.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »
I really don't know what to say, other than out of a million sperm the most stupid one won the race.

ack-ack
what now akak

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »

and lets not forget Calculators..... you young whippersnappers have it so easy these days.......... you even got the WWW to search for the correct answer.......... bet you can't even work a slide rule......... or even work math equations out on paper let alone work them out in your head with no use of any aid......  :old:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 10:16:53 PM »
and lets not forget Calculators..... you young whippersnappers have it so easy these days.......... you even got the WWW to search for the correct answer.......... bet you can't even work a slide rule......... or even work math equations out on paper let alone work them out in your head with no use of any aid......  :old:
actually my math teacher doesnt allow much use of the calculator

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
They also invented spell check.

Sentences begin with capital letters and end with punctuation marks.  Who is they? What does that sentence try to communicate?  

Read what I wrote about taking a minute and thinking man.  It only costs you a few seconds and makes communicating with and relating to people much, much easier.  Give it a shot.  Accept that you can be wrong, and that there's nothing wrong with that, because everyone is sometimes.  That's your first step to really growing up.  You'll be mature when you stop trying to show and prove how mature you are.  What you're doing now just makes you look ignorant and childish.  

Take a second and think, plan and review in  your head before you type, or speak for that matter.  It'll do you a world of good.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 10:18:53 PM »
And some spell it stigma

The only person I've ever seen spell "stigma" as "sigma" is you and we've already established you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Sigma is the 18th letter in the Greek alphabet. In Ancient Rome, a sigma was a semi-circular couch sometimes used at banquets instead of the triclinium.  Sigma is also used as a term in the scientific community and has nothing do to with what Stigma means.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:21:00 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 10:19:01 PM »

Sigh....it is a sad fact of life that Natarual Selection no longer favors the more intelligent to pass on their genes, but instead favors those whome breed like rabbits. What a pity, to think that we, the most intelligent creatures of this Earth probably harbour the greatest number of sub-par intellectuals ( relative to that species, of course).  :frown:
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »
Sentences begin with capitol letters and end with punctuation marks.