Author Topic: Mustang Mk I  (Read 8304 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Mustang Mk I
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 11:41:11 AM »
Most B-29s were post-war. Definitely less than 2000 were war-time, but what number I can't recall. About half of those produced were after JV-day, and production ceased late in 1946.
PLEASE........      it VJ day :aok :lol
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »
The "it didn't do much in WW2" criterion eh?
I have no problem with it being added, I just think that it should be a low priority as compared to aircraft that played a much larger role which are also missing from the game.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »
I move for a new rule that all rebuttals to future requests for B-29s/Nooks/P-51Hs/F7Fs/F8Fs/Do335s/Horton flying wings/Ta-183s/submarines/etc *must* be in rhyming form. Anyone second?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »
I move for a new rule that all rebuttals to future requests for B-29s/Nooks/P-51Hs/F7Fs/F8Fs/Do335s/Horton flying wings/Ta-183s/submarines/etc *must* be in rhyming form. Anyone second?
I!
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »
OK then, those who say the 51 with 4 cannon is a must, should know their argument is a bust, that shouldn't be seen again til it's covered with rust and even then add a fine layer of dust.

So there! :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »
Of the cannonarm'd 51
requestors shall be shunned
Of small numbers used,
only HOers be bemused,
Can't even climb, turn or run!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 05:32:55 PM »
Yes, your bias.

Trust me on this, if the P-51D were not in the game I'd be demanding it be added ASAP and I am sure Dan would as well.  Don't interpret our disinclination towards an aircraft that played almost no role in WWII as a bias against the Mustang.

I believe our allies would disagree with you. After the introduction of the Mk IA the earlier Mk Is were converted to IAs (in that the Hispanos were mounted) and these aircraft were used throughout the war as interdiction types. Just because you dont see books or movies about an airplane doesnt mean it 'played almost no role in WWII.' The British found these planes to be vital to the war effort. Sorry about your bias (aka ignorance).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
I believe our allies would disagree with you. After the introduction of the Mk IA the earlier Mk Is were converted to IAs (in that the Hispanos were mounted) and these aircraft were used throughout the war as interdiction types. Just because you dont see books or movies about an airplane doesnt mean it 'played almost no role in WWII.' The British found these planes to be vital to the war effort. Sorry about your bias (aka ignorance).

Neither the Mustang Mk I or the Mk IA were considered by the RAF as 'vital' to the war effort and was considered fo rtrhe most part by the RAF as a minor player in the RAF' war effort.  While the RAF thought the Mk I and IA were effective in the ground interdiction role, the RAF declared it unsuited for fighter duties and felt the Mosquito and later the Typhoon and Tempest to be better suited in the ground interdiction role.

BTW- We're still waiting on the stuff about the Iwo birds... I take it since it's been this long and still nothing that you've thrown in the towel and finally realized that Dan was right about the Iwo Mustangs?  Does crow taste like chicken?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »
BTW- We're still waiting on the stuff about the Iwo birds... I take it since it's been this long and still nothing that you've thrown in the towel and finally realized that Dan was right about the Iwo Mustangs?  Does crow taste like chicken?

ack-ack
Not that you would know but he has been out of country for a spell.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »
Of the cannonarm'd 51
requestors shall be shunned
Of small numbers used,
only HOers be bemused,
Can't even climb, turn or run!

:rock
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
Not that you would know but he has been out of country for a spell.

Flying F-16s in Afghanistan?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »
Flying F-16s in Afghanistan?

ack-ack
:rofl :aok
See Rule #4

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »
:rofl :aok
Is your in game name Bronk as well?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
Is your in game name Bronk as well?
Since 1997. :aok
Any particular reason why you'd like to know? ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:52:24 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
Since 1997. :aok
Any particular reason why you'd like to know? ;)
Yes. The Australian called Bronk that flew Bish at some point back  in time? That is why.