Author Topic: Very frustrating problem  (Read 487 times)

Offline A8EJay

• Zinc Member
Very frustrating problem
« on: March 30, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »
I've been playing AH on my laptop since i started.  I usually run between 50-60fps no matter whats going on around (smoke, multiple planes, fire).  Lately, about every 2-3 minutes my frame rate will drop to anywhere in between 10-4 fps for about 20 seconds.  This has been going on for about a month or two and i finally figured out what is causing it.  When it starts with the bad fps, i minimized AH and noticed 2 processes running that usually aren't in the task manager.  They are both called dllhost.exe and the description says com surrogate or something like that. After i close them, the problem goes away until they pop back up like 5 minutes later.  Another weird thing is that as soon as i minimize AH and go to the task manager to close them, they quit on their own sometimes before i have a chance to end process on them.  Makes it real hard to fight when my frames drop down that bad, the buttons on my stick hardly work it lags so bad :joystick:.  Anyone have any idea what these are or how to get rid of them??  Tried game booster and shutting all unnecessary programs down before playing (i do this anyway) and still no good.   Thanks for any help!  :salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Very frustrating problem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
Hiya Jay, a bit of info on com surrogate here http://www.ehow.com/how_5107315_remove-surrogate-error-windows-vista.html

Looks like explorer is attempting to run something outside its code (hence the surrogate). When it doesn't like it, it crashes com surrogate instead of your browser.

What OS are you using btw, bored at work, and will do some digging

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline A8EJay

• Zinc Member
Re: Very frustrating problem
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
Vista 64 and thanks for the info!  Im gonna try that stuff on that site in a bit, got a doctors appointment.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:08:06 PM by A8EJay »