Author Topic: M31-ARV  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
M31-ARV
« on: March 30, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »
Just a thought, gv supplies will not fix tracks nor engines, why not have a ARV to drag them back to base to land safely and will also give another vehicle on the ground to shoot at.

http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_tankrecovery_t2.php

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:M31_Tank_Recovery_Vehicle

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:27:26 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: M31-ARV
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
I can envison the fun with this one!  I say yes!  +1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:04:35 PM »
What other countries had a dedicated tank retriever? Gotta keep it balanced you know.  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »
What other countries had a dedicated tank retriever? Gotta keep it balanced you know.  :D

Should not be a factor what country had a tank retriever or not, especially when you can up axis or allied gv's on the same side.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 02:16:44 PM »

Britain:

Germany:

Russian:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 02:40:58 PM »
Germany had the bergetiger also
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »
I like it.
Would there be any perk implications for successfully recovering someone? Not that it matters to me, but it would definitely get more people in the helping mood.
Ho's are like Speedos.
Nothing says you can't use it, but no one wants to see it.

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 04:45:25 PM »
Good as far as new GV but what is the point in recovering GV's when all you have to do now is drop supplies off and the GV is full repaired.  Like a previous post only thing that would make it used is a perk reward for recovery.   Just don't see it worth all the development time when supplies do exact same thing now minus the time taken to recover a vehicle.

BigKev

Offline Eric122

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »
+1

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 06:38:42 AM »
Just a thought, gv supplies will not fix tracks nor engines, why not have a ARV to drag them back to base to land safely and will also give another vehicle on the ground to shoot at.

http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_tankrecovery_t2.php

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:M31_Tank_Recovery_Vehicle

1+  :salute

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 07:08:30 AM »
+1

-Spektor
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »
Good as far as new GV but what is the point in recovering GV's when all you have to do now is drop supplies off and the GV is full repaired.  Like a previous post only thing that would make it used is a perk reward for recovery.   Just don't see it worth all the development time when supplies do exact same thing now minus the time taken to recover a vehicle.

BigKev

You must not have been GV'n since the updates. GV supplies only resupply ammo now. Damaged turrets, treads, and engines are non-repairable.
Ho's are like Speedos.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »
How would this work...say Waystin has racked up about 10 kills in his Tiger, and Wrongway tracks him with a Panzer but before he can finish him off, RedTeck kills Wrongway. Now Wastin is tracked and can't move...call goes out for a tank retriever...so Ace grabs one and get's popped a few times before he hooks up to Waystin's Tiger and drags him back to the hangar...both guys tower out...should there be any reward for Ace for the deed?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 04:05:19 PM »
I say make it to where people will want to grab and ARV as cheap perk points. Maybe an assist for every kill a recovered tank lands and 1/4 of the recovered tanks perks. Get people fighting over who is going to get to the guy with 100 spawn camp kills first.
Ho's are like Speedos.

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 11:02:46 PM »
You must not have been GV'n since the updates. GV supplies only resupply ammo now. Damaged turrets, treads, and engines are non-repairable.

No I have not GV'd since the update.  If this is correct then it is just like a damaged plane you land and can't reapair on the rearm pad.  So until we get a way to repair planes I think it would be useless or better yet an unfair advantage to Gv's since planes couldnt be repaied.  don't get me wrong I like nwe features but I just dont see it as feasable than offering a new target to the GV'ers since most vehicle recovery took place after the battle was faught.

BigKev