Author Topic: M31-ARV  (Read 4540 times)

Offline jay

• Silver Member
Re: M31-ARV
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »
What other countries had a dedicated tank retriever? "Gotta keep it balanced you know".  :D
[/font]

then we should have the puma(sdkfz 234) to balance out the M8 and the kubelwagon to balence out the jeep??

234/2 "Puma" - 1 x 5 cm KwK 39 L/60, 1 x MG34. Fully enclosed turret. The turret front was protected by 30 mm armor set at an angle of 20° from the vertical. The sides and rear had 10 mm armor set at 25°, and the top plate was 10 mm armor. The gun mantlet was rounded and was 40 to 100 mm thick.

"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 06:34:01 AM »
No I have not GV'd since the update.  If this is correct then it is just like a damaged plane you land and can't reapair on the rearm pad.  So until we get a way to repair planes I think it would be useless or better yet an unfair advantage to Gv's since planes couldnt be repaied.  don't get me wrong I like nwe features but I just dont see it as feasable than offering a new target to the GV'ers since most vehicle recovery took place after the battle was faught.

BigKev
exactly! a nice tiger with either tracks or engine blown out would sit and wait till a nice little person to bring a RRV to him/her so he or she can take his or her tiger to base to land kills
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 10:46:49 AM »
then we should have the puma(sdkfz 234) to balance out the M8 and the kubelwagon to balence out the jeep??

234/2 "Puma" - 1 x 5 cm KwK 39 L/60, 1 x MG34. Fully enclosed turret. The turret front was protected by 30 mm armor set at an angle of 20° from the vertical. The sides and rear had 10 mm armor set at 25°, and the top plate was 10 mm armor. The gun mantlet was rounded and was 40 to 100 mm thick.
That would be a good thing Jay...makes me wonder why we don't have one when it looks to be a fairly simple mod of the M8.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »
That would be a good thing Jay...makes me wonder why we don't have one when it looks to be a fairly simple mod of the M8.
it aint a simple mod of the M8... armor firepower speed and shape are all different between the two armored car styles. (and yes, they're armored cars schlowy4). <--for if he ever visits the BBS. :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
it aint a simple mod of the M8... armor firepower speed and shape are all different between the two armored car styles.
I can see how it could be modded fairly easily...wouldn't be a difficult as starting from scratch...

How about this little American made British Beauty?
jarhed  

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
Is number 3 the American made T17E1 British used Staghound armored car by any chance!? :D
Edit: Didnt look it up either!!!
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 01:23:26 PM »
Is number 3 the American made T17E1 British used Staghound armored car by any chance!? :D
Edit: Didnt look it up either!!!
Why yes, yes it is sir...I see reading that Kohlberg's article had an effect...  :D
jarhed  

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
Why yes, yes it is sir...I see reading that Kohlberg's article had an effect...  :D
:lol just about. now im gonna go get dumb again on the game :rofl
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »
:lol just about. now im gonna go get dumb again on the game :rofl
Lucky fart, I'm stuck in the office until late this afternoon...  :cry
jarhed  

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
Lucky fart, I'm stuck in the office until late this afternoon...  :cry
:D im sooooo sorry to hear that.  :lol kidding man. hope u get on tonight cuz for once im online after 2pm EST so i can kick ur butt in the newest tour :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline flubiu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 01:08:34 PM »
Yes! I like it. I think you should earn perks like re-supplying a field and maybe assists for the number of kills that the Tiger has but "no" to the "1/4 kills". Nothing sucks more than getting tracked within sight of concrete!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 01:37:15 PM »
You must not have been GV'n since the updates. GV supplies only resupply ammo now. Damaged turrets, treads, and engines are non-repairable.

BigKev is right, this vehicle would never be used in AH and would be a waste of development time when it's far easier just to run supplies to the damaged GV.

From the Patch 5 release notes.
Fixed a bug that caused vehicle resupplies to not repair all components on certain vehicles.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 01:48:40 PM »
BigKev is right, this vehicle would never be used in AH and would be a waste of development time when it's far easier just to run supplies to the damaged GV.

ack-ack
If supplies didn't do full repairs it would get used...and if there was some reward to it, people would be very willing to use it.
jarhed  

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »

ack-ack
patch 6 is better!!! :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »
If supplies didn't do full repairs it would get used...and if there was some reward to it, people would be very willing to use it.

If supplies didn't but supplies do.  The fact that supplies didn't fully fix a GV after patch 4 was a bug, it's been fixed in patch 5.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song