Author Topic: Looking for Wingman Tactics Trainer  (Read 793 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Looking for Wingman Tactics Trainer
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:15:30 AM »
I'm wanting to get my squadron going with solid wingman tactics. To that effect, I'm looking for a trainer that can work with myself and my X/O to get us working together effectively, so we can begin training other members of the squadron.

We're looking for someone who can work with us on Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Re: Looking for Wingman Tactics Trainer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Hey Saxman, I would be available to be your target if you want. I would also learn about the tactics used with your wingman. I'm available every night, Eastern time.

Black70

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »
Black70,

Thanks. We have a rudimentary understanding of combat spread but we've got a lot of learning to do.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »
  I understand Sax, I'm in the same boat. Lots of questions regarding flying with a wingman. That's why I'm saying being your target I could help you out and also learn from it. Anyways, just offering it if you wanna shoot at somebody :D

Black70
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:43:34 AM by Black Jack »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:35:29 AM »
Ah, ok. We're actually looking for someone to actually teach us.

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
I'm wanting to get my squadron going with solid wingman tactics. To that effect, I'm looking for a trainer that can work with myself and my X/O to get us working together effectively, so we can begin training other members of the squadron. We're looking for someone who can work with us on Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings.

Hi Saxman,

That is something I can help you with. But hooking up may depend on the times involved, because I'm on GMT, which is between 5 and 8 hours ahead of the time zones in the US.

I've been developing simple wingman tactics that work very well in Aces High and I would be happy to share. I will warn you though, the communication skills, discipline and trust required to make wing and section tactics successful rank among the most difficult things I've ever had to learn, because some of it goes against the natural instincts you develop when you fly predominantly as a single ship, or as just a loosely coordinated  group. It will take much time, determination and perseverance before you reach the point where you and your wingman stop being just two individual pilots who fly together, and become an effective wing section that can employ mutual support and attack with the synergy that makes the whole thing worthwhile.

If you want to try and work out a mutually convenient schedule, let me know.

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »
Saxman here's an article you may find helpful.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_013a.html

Badboy I'd like to observe that training if I can make it, if not maybe you could film it?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 10:33:59 AM »
Badboy,

The best time for my X/O and I would be Tuesday or Thursday evenings, probably 8pm EST (US time, unfortunately). I can see if he'd be able to do anything during the afternoon on a weekend if this wouldn't be possible for you. At the very least I could meet up on the weekend one on one, and pass that information along to my X/O via film and while flying at a time that would work for both of us. Please let me know.

The important thing is that even though we frequently have regular wingmen, that we'd still be able to form up effectively with any "trained" pilot in the squad. So we'd need something that can be standardized as a baseline.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 08:51:12 AM »
BB,

I checked with my XO and he could do something on a Saturday afternoon as well.

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 10:22:07 AM »
I checked with my XO and he could do something on a Saturday afternoon as well.

Let me know what time... I'll be there.

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »
Let me know what time... I'll be there.

Badboy

Would 3pm EST work for you (that would be 8pm GMT, I think)?

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 07:20:22 AM »
Saxman, you are always welcome to fly with us one evening (Kommando Nowotny). We are a wingman tactic based squad anyway. However, we use the loose deuce. Not sure if thats what you're looking for but the offer is valid <S>

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
Saxman, you are always welcome to fly with us one evening (Kommando Nowotny). We are a wingman tactic based squad anyway. However, we use the loose deuce. Not sure if thats what you're looking for but the offer is valid <S>

perdweeb

flew with perdweeb kermit and co. last night and they know the teamwork game ...

II/JG-27 works on various small air unit tactics a lot, and tuesday is one of our regular squad nights.
we would be interested in working with other squads who likewise wants to focus on these aspects of ACM ...

++S++

t
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »
<S> hope it works out.

-Spektor
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 03:08:57 AM »
Glad you enjoyed your time on channel thorsim. Hope to see you on channel more oftern <S> You're welcome anytime.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com