Author Topic: Help, Want to make an attempt at new hit sprite and debris animation  (Read 687 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
After posting in the wish list and having some good input, I want to try my hand at experimenting with some alternatives for current hit sprites on aircraft.

First, has anyone ever worked in this area that is willing to share what files I would need to work with.

Second, if it is something that is deeply rooted in coding, I'm not the guy (only interested if I can experiment with bitmap files)

Take a look at the wishlist here if you think it is possible:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,287.0.html

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Help, Want to make an attempt at new hit sprite and debris animation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:05:38 PM »
It's not something you can really skin in AH. Generally I think you can only toy with them if you put these textures in your own custom terrain.

HTC doesn't accept submissions for that kind of editing, either. It would be only for your own offline amusement.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »
It's not something you can really skin in AH. Generally I think you can only toy with them if you put these textures in your own custom terrain.

HTC doesn't accept submissions for that kind of editing, either. It would be only for your own offline amusement.

Yup yup.

But if you wish to play around with them, you need to save the textures of the 20mm flash in the Object Editor.  The hit sprite & a bunch of others will then be in your skins folder called 20mm Flash.  Of course, then you will need a custom terrain to dump it into so you can view it.

Here's a new muzzle flash I did once.  Top is the default, bottom is the new:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:46:15 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:55:35 AM »
Thanks Krusty and USRanger  :salute

I understand why HTC wouldn't accept submissions.  But, really cool muzzle flash there bud.  :rock

Hoping the latest editor is available....  will be downloading later today.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:02:31 AM by Chilli »