Author Topic: new update RECOIL added  (Read 1832 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: new update RECOIL added
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »
I just did what I've always had to do. Give up the idea of flying for the night and let it d/l overnight.

Honestly, it was just a flippant remark and I didn't expect everyone to get so wound up about it. I live 1.5 miles outside the Sprint/Embarq/CenturyLink  DSL coverage area and they are not going to extend it anytime in the near future. I tried getting microwave but I can't get a decent line of sight to the ISP tower because of the topography and trees. I could erect a 100ft tower but then I would be the biggest lightning rod for 5 sq miles register with the FAA and add lights.

To add insult to injury, my ISP is Partnership Broadband. I'm one of the very few dialup customers they have. I could tether to my cell phone and get a faster connection, but that is (cough) illegal. I'm about 10 miles from AT&T 3G coverage. If I bought a tethering plan I would still have to pay for a 3G connection even tho I can't access it.

I live between Rock and Hardplace.

have you ever looked into a verizon air card?

Offline Liberator

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »
wow the recoil makes the guns look so realistic!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »
I was in the same situation with dialup. We switched to sat. and its been alright.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
I haven't tried it yet, but rest assured, if it affects my accuracy I will report it promptly.   :lol

God i hope it effects it......tired gettin killed by your 262's :salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
i find on the .50 the recoil is pretty intense and much harder to hold on victim err target! havent noticed much in the planes or in bombers.