Author Topic: Dual Throttle Setup for Bombers  (Read 509 times)

Offline gt40freak

• Zinc Member
Dual Throttle Setup for Bombers
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:40:32 AM »
I have a Saitek AV8R-01 joystick that has 2 throttles.  I am wanting to set it up so i can use one throttle for left engines and the other for the right engines in 2 or 4 engine aircraft without having to change settings every time i change aircraft.  The closest i have been able to get is throttle 1 controls engine 1 and throttle 2 controls engines 2,3,4.  Any help would b e appreciated.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Dual Throttle Setup for Bombers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
If you only map "Throttle 1" and "Throttle 2" commands then they should split the engines on a 4 engine plane with "Throttle 1" controlling engines 1 and 3, and "Throttle 2" controlling engines 2 and 4.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:26:45 AM »
If you only map "Throttle 1" and "Throttle 2" commands then they should split the engines on a 4 engine plane with "Throttle 1" controlling engines 1 and 3, and "Throttle 2" controlling engines 2 and 4.

I have it mapped that way on a Saitek Av8r and it it is: Throttle 1 = Engine 1, 3, 4 & Throttle 2 = Engine 2.  Made a wish a while back asking if it was possible to have a new way to set this up. :)
Maybe I missed an option, or maybe it's a bug?  I confuse easily.  I, clearly, don't help coad the game but I can never get it to work any other way so my interpretation of how it does work and how I was hoping it could work was: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,281870.0.html  :salute
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:17:09 PM »
Ok, I am in error.

Whatever engine "Throttle 2" is assigned to is the only engine it will control, while all other engines will operate wherever "Throttle 1" is mapped.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
Skuzzy, I really miss the days in AH1 when you could map multiple functions to a single axis.

Back then you could map engines 1 and 2 to axis1, and engines 3 and 4 to axis 2. You could also get playful (like I did a few times) and map your RPM to your throttle and get a combo RPM/throttle in a single axis.

Any chance we'll be able to do that again sometime in the future?

gt40freak, there are different modes... You can map it to 2 engines for fighters and light bombers (twins) and them map another mode where it's throttle and rpm (or whatever) for 4-engines. THen just map some keys to switch to mode 1, and switch to mode 2, and you'll be able to control them without much issue. That means you have to run your 4-engine heavy bombers with 1 throttle, though.

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:57:41 AM »
so your saying its not possible to control engines 1 and 2 with throttle 1 and engines 3 and 4 with throttle 2?

right now with my CH throttle. throttle 1 controls 1 and throttle 2 controls 2 which are both on the left side.  :(
AKDust
Arabian Knights