Author Topic: La7 Fuel Load?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: La7 Fuel Load?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
You really think the lala is like a spit16? (not trying to be a smart arse) I find it MUCH easier to fight a La7 than a Spit16. From what i notice when I fight these 2 planes, the spit will out turn the 109 at almost if not all speeds. The La7 on the other hand i feel that the faster it gets the wider it turns, and I mean its a huge difference.

When I have a spit16 latched on to my six I get that very hopeless feeling I'm about to get shot down, with the lala I never get that feeling. I always do the same thing, speed the fight up to 250+ mph and use the speed against the La, much easier if you have alt under you. A spiral dive will almost always push the La outside of your turn radius which is when i reverse and try to hop on him.

You are not doing it right. Below 10k I look forward to flying against german iron. They stand no chance. The only german plane I don't like seeing is the damn dora. And I think a strong point for the LA is the spiral dive.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 04:46:12 AM »
Whether there is a base 2 sectors away or a furball 200 yards away, i always took 100%. So i cant help you. But i do love you
:rofl :rofl :rofl
<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »
La7 seemed to be much more of a "superfastspitfire" before it was updated. After the 3D model update it was..... off. It was different. It couldn't pull as sharp angles, or had worse elevator authority, or SOME thing was just ever-so-slightly off IMO.

Some folks say they never noticed any difference. Other folks say they feel it, and it affects the plane negatively.

I fall into the second category. I believe HTC has said they didn't change anything (intentionally) but the end result seems to indicate maybe an unintentional change was made.

Or, perhaps the old La7 was just such low-fidelity flight modeling that once we got a "more realistic one" we were spoiled on the previous one? Maybe the update is more correct.

Actually if memory serves they did post that a change was made to the LA-7 flight model.  I don't recall the exact language from the change log that was posted but if you remember what version that was (I don't) and look at the "readme" file it does say something, although again if I'm remembering correctly it was a relatively minor tweak.

*edit*

Found it, it was in version 2.12 back in March 2008.
Made some minor handling changes to the La-5 and La-7 flight modeling, performance was not changed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:52:34 PM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
You really think the lala is like a spit16? (not trying to be a smart arse) I find it MUCH easier to fight a La7 than a Spit16. From what i notice when I fight these 2 planes, the spit will out turn the 109 at almost if not all speeds. The La7 on the other hand i feel that the faster it gets the wider it turns, and I mean its a huge difference.

When I have a spit16 latched on to my six I get that very hopeless feeling I'm about to get shot down, with the lala I never get that feeling. I always do the same thing, speed the fight up to 250+ mph and use the speed against the La, much easier if you have alt under you. A spiral dive will almost always push the La outside of your turn radius which is when i reverse and try to hop on him.

if you think the la-7 is better at slower than 250mph then you haven't flown against a real La-7 pilot... The slower i got vs the La-7 the better off i was...
You are not doing it right. Below 10k I look forward to flying against german iron. They stand no chance. The only german plane I don't like seeing is the damn dora. And I think a strong point for the LA is the spiral dive.
pretty sure i crap myself if im lower than a 109K4... but the 190D is close...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »
if you think the la-7 is better at slower than 250mph then you haven't flown against a real La-7 pilot... The slower i got vs the La-7 the better off i was...

Hmmm idk then, maybe I'm just getting lucky with the pilots I go up against lol. I have never seen the La-7 as the monster of a plane people say it is, other than it's ability to run people down with it's raw speed I find nothing else really good about it. When I've gone against La-7s in 109s or 190A5s (I'm a luftweenie :D), I've had no problem knocking them out.
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 07:53:35 AM »
Hmmm idk then, maybe I'm just getting lucky with the pilots I go up against lol. I have never seen the La-7 as the monster of a plane people say it is, other than it's ability to run people down with it's raw speed I find nothing else really good about it. When I've gone against La-7s in 109s or 190A5s (I'm a luftweenie :D), I've had no problem knocking them out.
theyre easy to kill just make sure you can follow it up in a stall :aok or fly against it low and level... whats its max speed at the deck? 370? and the acceleration in it is amazing
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy