Author Topic: First music video ever must see and critique!  (Read 428 times)

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
First music video ever must see and critique!
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:34:02 PM »
Ok all I have finnally gotten off my lazy arse and gotten around to making this music video thank god the new patch allowed my older films to work again! This footage all from a single 39 sortie with the wing pods set to music called red fraction by Mell. I tried to post on youtube but I kept getting some error crap so I gave up and merely went to media fire This film is a bit larger than most I post it is 3 minutes and 40 seconds long and will take aprox 4 mins to download. Sorry the film is possibly not as good as most of the ones submitted but I made this in 1 7 hour period and most of it was spent looking for a way to edit it all etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/?etvbrezwkzi

Offline DeeACE

• Zinc Member
      • 71st Wolfpack
Re: First music video ever must see and critique!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »
It looks alot like my first one. There is an awesome tutorial about how to use the film viewer here. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280348.0.html it helped me tons.

Very good start Greziz

also in the tutorial they don't tell you about FOV (field of view) when making shots you can play with this. the smaller the number the tighter to the target plane the camera is zoomed. the bigger the number the farther away. when making your next one play with these features and you'll shock yourself!

Great Start <S>!
No matter your altitude, always look up!
http://squadcentral.com/wolfpack.html

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:59:08 PM »
Will do ^.^... ummm where is this fov stuff anywho?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »
When you click on "Set up Camera Shots", the following window opens up. 
I've circled the Field Of View (FOV) box.  Just type in a value.

My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:45:13 PM »
EEek that looks some ferocious complicated I have to input the camera angle for each frame? or do I just put in fov number and it follows the con or?

Offline ePIC

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 11:50:45 PM »
Great Tunes,.... yes field of view changes but good  :rock

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 08:28:35 AM »
EEek that looks some ferocious complicated I have to input the camera angle for each frame? or do I just put in fov number and it follows the con or?

If you haven't already done so, check out the tutorial posted earlier by DeeACE.  Basically, play your film to a point where you want your camera to be, then pause it.  Bring up the shot setup window and "Grab All" for start and end if you want the camera stationary through the shot.  Choose "World Pointing" (or "World Relative"; it's been a while and I don't remember) and a target, then the camera will follow that target plane throughout the shot.

For an easy flyby setup, pause your film about halfway through what you want as your shot.  Use the arrow keys to move your view outside your plane (off to the side and either slightly up or down works well).  Then "Grab All".  Set your start time and end time accordingly, like start and end 10 seconds from "now".  Then when you play it back, you'll have a nice 20 second shot of a flyby.

Mess around with the FOV for other effects.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:30:28 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals