Author Topic: Discos in SEA  (Read 921 times)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Discos in SEA
« on: March 20, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »
I was discoed three times today during frame one of The Final Battle, and it seems that I have more discos when flying in SEA. Normally my connection is rock solid and I rarely get discoed. Does anyone know if it is related to the issue that were plaguing the SEA, or is it just due to the large number of people involved in scenarios?

Not a whine just curious.
 :cheers:

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Re: Discos in SEA
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:12:43 PM »
I discoed twice in frame 1 as well.  I was able to see the status lights on my cable modem blink as it was trying to reconnect.  Although it did reconnect before AH popped the window message that I had lost connection, the duration of time was too much for the game to handle.  These types of disconnects may not be long enough for the casual websurfers to notice, but AH seems to be severely affected by momentary disconnects.  Weird thing is that MA flying, usually late at night for me isn't affected.  Perhaps the internet at the time Scenarios takes place, is immensely overloaded with the rest of the world having a weekend.  :)
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:19:31 AM »
Is there not (2) things going on here, though?

some experienced "Host Connection Lost", while others (including me) experienced a "White Screen Lock-Up" .....and that was the 1st White Screen Lock up I have ever experienced....... to me, I think it was TeamSpeak related, since at time of lock-up, I lost connection to AH, it popped up a window saying AH has been stopped, and the voices from both the Game & from Tema Speak kept repeating like a record skipping over and over.....

btw, Kermit, Gorkle was the lucky one, I checked the Logs.... we both thought we got you.but his "Long shot" prevailed  :D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 02:55:07 PM »
TC I had the white screen lockup too. I don't have teamspeak, but I did get the vox looping. 
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
We had some guys disco more than once last night in the Fso... I have had no problems with my new pc.  However some of my guys have been getting the (boot)..  :joystick:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:23:16 PM »
I had 5 WSOD's during the event, however, I feel that most of them were caused by a corrupt bomb blast sound file.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »
I bet you it's script kiddies in China!
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net