Author Topic: Any missions with no warp points?  (Read 3334 times)

Offline GreyGoose

• Zinc Member
Any missions with no warp points?
« on: April 24, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »
Since the mission editor is indefinitely bugged and the current game versions freeze when you warp i was wondering if there were offline .res missions that would work? all I've found to work is the Solomon mission on here. I've tried getting an earlier version but all I could find is 2.124 and its pretty buggy with all the current maps. I would appreciate any usable missions for the current version.

ty

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:23:26 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Any missions with no warp points?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:04:28 PM »
Since the mission editor is indefinitely bugged and the current game versions freeze when you warp i was wondering if there were offline .res missions that would work? all I've found to work is the Solomon mission on here. I've tried getting an earlier version but all I could find is 2.124 and its pretty buggy with all the current maps. I would appreciate any usable missions for the current version.

ty

I keep going back to my trusty old Solomon mission as you mentioned. For the benefit of those reading, here's the link:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/SolomonMelee/Ah2OfflineMissionSolomonMelee.htm

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline GreyGoose

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »
yes ty for that one bosen.  Great missions us ranger ty too

Offline Drillbit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:16:59 AM »
Downloaded and ran all three of your missions this morning USRanger. They worked perfectly and are AWESOME.  :rock Can't hardly wait for the new M.E. so I can give it a try. :salute

Offline gdilla81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
First of all I will like to thank you guys for taking time to make these missions so fun and spending the time to help out the new guys (like me). I downloaded all your missions USRANGER, they are awesome. Peabody I tried downlodimg your but when I click the links on your page the web browser opens raw data no files. Am I missing something. I really look foward to playing your missions also. Anyways thank you guys again keep up the good work.

G
G

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
From my missions in the "Aces High" section of TechVideoReview.com/FlightSimMovies, you have to RIGHT CLICK on the ".res" link. Windoze will then give you the option to download or copy it into your "missres" folder. (You will probably need to "rename" the file to "solomonmelee01a.res" if your browser forces you to store it as an "html" document.)

If you just left-click on the link, you get the behavior that you describe. (The web site says to RIGHT CLICK on it....)

Regards,

Offline gdilla81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »
Ooops... I read the instructions like seven time and I still did it wrong. But I fanlly got it downloaded. Thank you!  One thing I changed the map name to Solomon.res and it appears in the map selections but the map won't load. If I pick another map the y do load and I can see the mission there. But the map won't load. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 
G

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 04:44:44 PM »
Why did you rename the map?

It MUST be named SolomonC.res for use with that mission. I think it's ok to name it solomonc.res or Solomonc.res or SolomonC.res (mine says solomonc.res), but you cannot name it solomon.res.

Regards,

Offline gdilla81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 07:44:02 PM »
Fanally!!!!...!!!! I downloaded the Solomon missions and and played them. All I have to say is wow. That was fun I was only going to play it for 5 minutes and ended up playing until 2:30am. The only thing when I play as Japanese I get shot down at the airfield can't even start my engines. But as the allies it's awesome. Great job.

Thanks!

G
G

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
The only thing when I play as Japanese I get shot down at the airfield can't even start my engines.

Sounds like you need to change the ownership of that field to Knights via your in-game clipboard arena settings prior to starting the mission.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline fauxace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 03:37:07 PM »
that link you gave bbosen comes up like,,,, T #h.e?4ާܒqF=L 2,?\t JOR=ZJ/ cOG5ew ޥ<r;F?S-~9~Ep+!Q% S}G[hϒݼ.C0mTD/ SAJ,tv#k?W…,plus a few million lines,,theres no file to download.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »
Sigh.....

You must READ THE INSTRUCTIONS when you RIGHT CLICK on the link. If you LEFT-CLICK, you get the garbled text that you describe, because your browser doesn't know how to interpret an Aces High Mission.