Author Topic: 5 rules of How Aces High should be played  (Read 5219 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: 5 rules of How Aces High should be played
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 09:15:55 AM »
I don't care if you live in a treehouse in the Amazon I don't wanna be around someone warping all the time, because its a huge waste of my time and everyone elses, if I had persistent warping problems I'd look for a solution if none was available I'd quit the game rather than cheese everyone off.

QFT!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »

Lord of the Rings is all about walking that's all they do, even the trees walk :old:

I love that movie!!! :aok Clerks 2  :rock

:cheers:
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »
I do whatever i can to play fair and square, i dont cheat as some of u guys accuse. i dont rely on my crappy connection i wanna play just like u nerds. get a life, Noone is perfect. noone.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »
Lute is right.   Greens now relies on his crappy connection to some extent.   He's been been offered fixes for the better part of 4-5 months and he's done nothing.   Greens ISN'T "frustrated" btw.   If he truly was, this thread wouldn't have existed.   it was created because he doesn't care about his massive warping.   

See what I mean?  Do you know greens, or just going on your assumption?  I have been flying with him and working to help sort out various technical issues with him.  There has been a great improvement of late, in what I've noticed along the issue of warps.  In conversations with him during his "good" connection times he has noted that weather was not an issue. 

When I was using satellite, I was harrassed just as much as greens.  All that I wanted to do was to enjoy the game the best that I could.

Lute, short of catching an Iditarod to greens' house and walking through his setup (don't think $75/hr will cover the expenses) you probably have offered some very useful advice.  (My wife can tell me how to make an omelet, but it always turns into scrambled eggs). 

If you are willing to give me some details on what you think he should do, I will gladly go down the checklist with him and report the results for anyone else, who might experience these problems.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
I'm not even gonna bother with this anymore, probably the guy is just attention seeking, theres no other reason why you would stir things up and then not bother to try and fix a problem, or comment on it except maybe enjoying drawing drama to yourself. He hasn't really said anything except he doesn't cheat in his reply (which nobody accused him of in this thread). Boring.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »
"You rebel scum"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »
Never ever have felt the need to cheat in a sim before.  Right now, it would be worth the boot from HTC just to shut this idiotic nonsense.  What is not worth the bother is for tards to whine about someone else's connection. 

If you want to help then do so.   :aok

If you want to whine, then greens post is right on target.   :cry

Waiting for the next IDIOTIC response. :mad:

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
Never ever have felt the need to cheat in a sim before.  Right now, it would be worth the boot from HTC

Grant him his wish. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
<S> pervert
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
Rule 6  NO whining about people  whining......  Oh   ...rule 7  NO whining about people that are whining about other people that are whining. :devil :banana: :banana: :banana:  That should about cover it.

Nice fights the other night Greens  i saw no warping  all looked good ...........<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »
FireDragon see your rule #7

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »
FireDragon see your rule #7
Chilli, see his rule number 7 plus a little of 6 :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »
I'm not even gonna bother with this anymore, probably the guy is just attention seeking, theres no other reason why you would stir things up and then not bother to try and fix a problem, or comment on it except maybe enjoying drawing drama to yourself. He hasn't really said anything except he doesn't cheat in his reply (which nobody accused him of in this thread). Boring.

Oh?  What about?

Lute is right.   Greens now relies on his crappy connection to some extent.   He's been been offered fixes for the better part of 4-5 months and he's done nothing.   Greens ISN'T "frustrated" btw.   If he truly was, this thread wouldn't have existed.   it was created because he doesn't care about his massive warping.   

What about?

Your a right drama queen. So then you've sorted this connection problem out then? With the help of your 'gaming nerds'  (I'm sure you look/act just like Fonzy btw). Why then post here telling people not to whine about your connection again?

I don't care if you live in a treehouse in the Amazon I don't wanna be around someone warping all the time, because its a huge waste of my time and everyone elses, if I had persistent warping problems I'd look for a solution if none was available I'd quit the game rather than cheese everyone off.

I certainty wouldn't tell them to stop whining because I say so, after all they are also paying for this. But looking at your OP telling everyone to basically shut up because you say so other people's gaming experience or enjoyment comes very low down your list.

If that offer still stands, I am pretty cheesed at you right now.  And obviously, according to you his gaming experience has zero value.

The problem is, that "some" folks want to help, and others just want an excuse to pound their chests about how much more valuable their time is. 

The other day I had to hear from a dweeb who was gunning about how much I warped and he had film, yada yada.  The simple fact was I had 10k alt advantage on the bomber formation, swooped in and took out the lead bomber, his drones automatically warped as he didn't eject right away. 

I will say it differently from greens.  Stop pounding your chest, even the best get pwnd, take it like a man, and stop making excuses for why the other guy sucks so bad. 

And to hopefully end this:  If I can fly wingtip to wingtip with the guy without warps or lag, how bad is his connection NOW really?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »
The problem is, that "some" folks want to help, and others just want an excuse to pound their chests about how much more valuable their time is. 

I will say it differently from greens.  Stop pounding your chest, even the best get pwnd, take it like a man, and stop making excuses for why the other guy sucks so bad. 

And to hopefully end this:  If I can fly wingtip to wingtip with the guy without warps or lag, how bad is his connection NOW really?
Were y'all holding hands when tip to tip?

I find it interesting that even after all this (think this is the 2nd or 3rd "pay attention to MEEEEE!" by him in the past 6 months) we still have never seen anything in the Technical Support forum by him seeking help.  That, in and of itself, is quite telling.

I think the guy is just an attention seeker.  (Better bad attention than none at all 'eh?)

If you (or Greens) thinks this has ANYTHING to do with me being upset at his chest thumpin' after dying than you both need help.  No ego here about my dying here.  I've been killed too many times by too many players to care one way or another.

The guy has become sort of a sad joke to most and with this thread I think i'll just add the dweeb to my ignore list on the BBS and carry on my happy life and not waste another moment of my time.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »
I don't know if that rant is directed at me Lute or Karaya, it certainty makes no sense to me so I'll respond to the only bit of colour coding that makes sense. Which also happily sums up your attitude.

pervert " I'd quit the game rather than cheese everyone off. "

Chilli " If that offer still stands,I am pretty cheesed at you right now. "

You simply think and read what you want to think/read, even if that means completely changing the facts. The 2 lines above are a perfect example

The bottom line is:

'EVERYONE' = the player base of aces high - X thousand people

'EVERYONE' does not = 'I' ie YOU - thats just one person.

Theres a common theme throughout your postings in this thread that the needs of the few should dictate the needs of the many, thats not how it works.