Author Topic: Dueling function  (Read 816 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Re: Dueling function
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »
It is impossible to steal a kill.

There is no ownership.

I find the entire idea of gathering hundreds of people online so they can take turns fighting each other individually rather silly.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 11:08:55 AM »
Why not simply go to one of the bases set for dueling?  Ask if someone wants to duel and go to the base.  If someone interrupts send the film to HTC.  It was posted in the DA a while back that anyone disturbing a duel at a dueling base risks being kicked from the game.

Do you think that works?  We made complains about BadBoy doing that and not only we got blamed for the problems he was causing, but now there is a big Thank you to him on the start screen lol.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »

There is no ownership.

I find the entire idea of gathering hundreds of people online so they can take turns fighting each other individually rather silly.

Wow!  I gotta agree with this, well 99% at least.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
Do you think that works?  We made complains about BadBoy doing that and not only we got blamed for the problems he was causing, but now there is a big Thank you to him on the start screen lol.

what is with that "thanks BadBoy" on the start screen anyways?
-AoM-

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 12:45:27 PM »
what is with that "thanks BadBoy" on the start screen anyways?

probably WWI info
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 01:56:23 PM »
Thanks BadBoy may be sarcasm left over from the change right after the WW I implementation.  The DA became a perk point required arena...you could earn them but perk planes actually not free anymore...suddenly, there were no CHOGS, TEMPS, 14's, etc et al making BnZ runs on anyone...they even changed the bases around.

Then, someone whined very loudly and it went back to the usual...that's when I left permanently..well...unless JunkyII starts blowin about practicing 1 v 1's...I gotta go back then or he will refer to me as being "testicularly challenged" and I can't have that. lol

You have to agree though, most of the time its fine when you get on a field 1 v 1...

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »
Then, someone whined very loudly and it went back to the usual...

Actually, I don't think anyone whined.  Uptown praised the change to HTC in a thread and then Skuzzy went in and fixed it.  Then everyone whined at uptown for spilling the beans. 

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

There is no ownership.

For the most part I agree.  But it is never that cut and dry.  If you see your ally in a 1v1 in the middle of nowhere, going in and picking his kill without asking is pretty bush, wouldn't ya say? 

Rule of thumb is: the more action there is in a small area, the less right anyone has to a bogey.  The less action there is in a small area, the more right someone has to a bogey. 

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »
Actually, I don't think anyone whined.  Uptown praised the change to HTC in a thread and then Skuzzy went in and fixed it.  Then everyone whined at uptown for spilling the beans.  

Oh...well...the road to hell is paved with good intentions!....No good dead goes unpunished...that sux for Uptown as he was obviously trying to say something nice.  I wonder what the rationale' was in changing it back because it WORKED....lmao.

V/r

Changeup
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:52:43 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »
Furball lake is infested during later hours with Temp, 4 hogs and such just BnZin. Sometimes you cant find someone to 1v1 as well.

Heres a solution.....

If everyone just took 2 seconds to ask someone if they need help with X con we wouldnt have such a problem. If Im the 1 end of a 2v1 but I found out that hey these guys were winging/ working together well thats a <S> for nice team flying. But when my own friendly comes in a kills the guy Im low and slow with in scissors then afterwards says "Hey he looked like he was winning just saving you" then Im going to be mad, especially because it was probably was a good knife fight where the slightest mistake was going to lose the bout.

Its not hard people, just common courtesy, ask before you jumped into a 1v1

fixed

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »

There is no ownership.

I would make one exception to that: planes that are clearly fatally damaged, out of control, and unable to hurt anyone - if your teammate blows the whole tail off a Lanc and you follow it 5k down pouring lead into it until both wings come off and it explodes, you've stolen a kill. He owns the kill as soon as it is obvious to everyone else that he has rendered the target 100% incapable of controlled flight.

That's what I don't get either. That is in no way what I expect to get in a multiplayer combat flight sim.  :headscratch:

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »
WHat are we really talking about here?  As several people have already said, and I have personally done/seen, just move to a non-furball lake base to get your duel on. 

What's the problem?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.