Author Topic: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????  (Read 10319 times)

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Re: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2010, 04:41:12 AM »
Who ever takes command of the TF can only take off from that base. 

Spiker

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2010, 08:45:39 AM »
I would counter argue (unless I missed you're point completely) that people more prone to either hiding the cv away in never never land and/or switching sides to help someone sink the cv are the same people who really care about winning the "war" and hold a strong affiliation of affinity for one particular country.  Winning the cartoon war would have to rank pretty high on someone's AH priorities to engage in shady shenanigans like that. 

You haven't missed the point, and you make a good one, I meant things could be done to discourage switching sides, Like: 

If you switch sides you start at rank zero in the new counrty. Then you can't steel the carriers.
Make the time limit on switching back 3 days (or something long enough to matter, not 1 hour)
(insert your great idea here)

...But they encourage people to switch, so they won't do any of them.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »
You haven't missed the point, and you make a good one, I meant things could be done to discourage switching sides, Like:  

If you switch sides you start at rank zero in the new counrty. Then you can't steel the carriers.
Make the time limit on switching back 3 days (or something long enough to matter, not 1 hour)
(insert your great idea here)

A few times I was asked by members of another country to come over and take CV control away from someone originally coming from my country that kept CV straight for his squaddies to sink that CV. If someone is really abusing CV's that way, I'm always glad to oblige (I usually outrank 99% of all players ;)). I could not do that anymore if your proposals would be accepted.

Still, I would be fine with a special timer after switching sides: You can't control CV for the first (insert timespan) hours after switching. That would not hurt players jumping to meet their friends or to balance lopsided arena numbers.
Taking rank away, or increasing switch time limit again would be bad moves for the game.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2010, 09:04:34 AM »
A few times I was asked by members of another country to come over and take CV control away from someone originally coming from my country that kept CV straight for his squaddies to sink that CV.

This is excellent. I can't wait to up a box of Lancs after switching to Bish. I'll immediately begin carpet-bombing my own base while my knight buddies stand by to capitalize.

I'd guess we can take a town down pretty quickly that way. I can't WAIT to run this by me squaddies.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2010, 09:13:26 AM »
A few times I was asked by members of another country to come over and take CV control away from someone originally coming from my country that kept CV straight for his squaddies to sink that CV. If someone is really abusing CV's that way, I'm always glad to oblige (I usually outrank 99% of all players ;)). I could not do that anymore if your proposals would be accepted.

Still, I would be fine with a special timer after switching sides: You can't control CV for the first (insert timespan) hours after switching. That would not hurt players jumping to meet their friends or to balance lopsided arena numbers.
Taking rank away, or increasing switch time limit again would be bad moves for the game.

I guess there are two problems here. After reading this entire thread, It seems the bigger problem is Rooks hiding their own carriers. In this case, "switchers" like you are the heros.
Still, I think Rooks screwing themselves is a rook problem.  Switching to sabotage another country is an Everyone problem. Because of that I'd vote to make switching harder.

Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
I guess there are two problems here. After reading this entire thread, It seems the bigger problem is Rooks hiding their own carriers. In this case, "switchers" like you are the heros.
Still, I think Rooks screwing themselves is a rook problem.  Switching to sabotage another country is an Everyone problem. Because of that I'd vote to make switching harder.

Hiding CV's is everybody's "problem" too, because it's not limited to Rooks at all. It happens in all countries, if they have the opportunity to do so. No country is genuinely any better or worse than the others in all terms of gameplay.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
Hiding CV's is everybody's "problem" too, because it's not limited to Rooks at all. It happens in all countries, if they have the opportunity to do so. No country is genuinely any better or worse than the others in all terms of gameplay.

Of course.  I meant that you can't consider hiding your own carrier cheating. It's the switching to sabotage I'm against. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline amulford

• Zinc Member
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2010, 09:54:16 AM »
after reading this entire thread I have come to the conclusion that there are people who play this game who have ENTIRELY too much time on their hands and who whine like scolded school age children when something happens they don't like.  Nothing was done contrary to the rules as they now exist and no harm was done.  There is no need to change the rules just because you didn't like what occured.  (I got shot down last night, they should change it so that doesn't happen again...)

I was online during this occurrence.  There was a strategic purpose for it, which was to deny the enemy of the resource.  This was explained numerous times, so many times, which became so tiresome, it got to a point no further explanations were offered.

The OP was just angry that after discovering the grouped CV's, he switched sides and flew for an extended period of time (off the map, mind you) to bomb them.  His mission was discovered and thwarted close (like within 2 sectors, it was funny as hell) to his "secret" objective (ie he and his compadres were shot down in short order).  He then commenced to making a big fuss and we now have what we have here.

This is a game.  There are many participants in it.  Not all of those participants are going to have the same line of thought as you.  And to be honest, Not everthing needs to be explained to everyone.  IMHO, the soapbox needs to be put away on this subject...
StraBult - FSO C/O ClaimJumpers

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2010, 10:13:38 AM »
after reading this entire thread I have come to the conclusion that there are people who play this game who have ENTIRELY too much time on their hands and who whine like scolded school age children when something happens they don't like.  Nothing was done contrary to the rules as they now exist and no harm was done.  There is no need to change the rules just because you didn't like what occured.  (I got shot down last night, they should change it so that doesn't happen again...)

I was online during this occurrence.  There was a strategic purpose for it, which was to deny the enemy of the resource.  This was explained numerous times, so many times, which became so tiresome, it got to a point no further explanations were offered.

The OP was just angry that after discovering the grouped CV's, he switched sides and flew for an extended period of time (off the map, mind you) to bomb them.  His mission was discovered and thwarted close (like within 2 sectors, it was funny as hell) to his "secret" objective (ie he and his compadres were shot down in short order).  He then commenced to making a big fuss and we now have what we have here.

This is a game.  There are many participants in it.  Not all of those participants are going to have the same line of thought as you.  And to be honest, Not everthing needs to be explained to everyone.  IMHO, the soapbox needs to be put away on this subject...

Attention Rookland:

The CJs have spoken. Being the largest squad on the Rooks, they should be able to make all the choices for all the players in Rookland!! Like it or not   :rolleyes:

Edited to include the word........Pathetic
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
This is really excellent. The mor eI consider my plan to switch, up Lancs/ level Bish bases/hand them over to my knight compadres, the better I like it.

For example, consider what happens if some hapless Bish klown tries to get wise. If he shoots at me, he's likely to autokill himself.

Suckahs...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline amulford

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
Attention Rookland:

The CJs have spoken. Being the largest squad on the Rooks, they should be able to make all the choices for all the players in Rookland!! Like it or not   :rolleyes:

Edited to include the word........Pathetic

Living in a democratic society like I do, I happen to adhere to the principal of the process.  Wherein if the majority are in agreeance, then the "ayes" have it.  If it happens the majority are on the same squad, tough cookies...

So cut the rhetorical BS, ok?  If you have a problem with the Claim Jumpers, get over it.  We aren't going to lose sleep over you,  we aren't going to change our tactics, and we aren't going to disband over you.  What we will do is continue to enjoy the game like we presently do, despite all your whining, crying, moaning, hand wringing and teeth gnashing.   Get it?

Furthermore, from a purely business standpoint, we do represent a sizable chunk of revenue every month.  So cry away, I'm sure that HTC wants to hear it...

Talk about pathetic, what are you, like 12???
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:35:14 AM by amulford »
StraBult - FSO C/O ClaimJumpers

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2010, 10:56:42 AM »
amulford, here you win this cool avatar

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2010, 10:57:49 AM »
Living in a democratic society like I do, I happen to adhere to the principal of the process.  Wherein if the majority are in agreeance, then the "ayes" have it.  If it happens the majority are on the same squad, tough cookies...

So cut the rhetorical BS, ok?  If you have a problem with the Claim Jumpers, get over it.  We aren't going to lose sleep over you,  we aren't going to change our tactics, and we aren't going to disband over you.  What we will do is continue to enjoy the game like we presently do, despite all your whining, crying, moaning, hand wringing and teeth gnashing.   Get it?

Furthermore, from a purely business standpoint, we do represent a sizable chunk of revenue every month.  So cry away, I'm sure that HTC wants to hear it...

I think all that needs to be said here is, Thank you for making everyones point.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:00:45 AM by COndor06 »
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:13 AM »

No, actually im also a customer of HTC also, and think its wrong that one group of people can crown themselves King of the arenas, take from everyone else with NO consideration for anyone else. And no im not 12 thank you, but what i do know is that the taking of the CVs and hiding them, and not releasing them to anyone else is akin to " taking your ball and going home " ( kind of 12yroldish dont you think?) Actions speak louder than words sir, and i believe your squads actions ,with regards to hiding the CVs, speak volumes. as does your above post.

Get it?..............I fear not

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:12:52 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »
Living in a democratic society like I do... blar, blar...

Read as written, understood as, "whatevah, we do what we waaaaauuunt".

That said, there is merit to his position.

As for the level of ambient whine, I can only congratulate him on his perceptivity.

Now, back to my cunning plan... after I hand over the base, I'll get on the rad and slip a nice little missive back to the Bish, something like:

I had yo mama last night.
She was gooood.
Whatevah. I do what I waaaaaunt.
I stand on the restaurant toilet
and crap on the wall...

I like it. Let's make the MA into a balls-to-the-wall free-for-all. Ever' man for himself. Yee-haw.