Author Topic: Favorite kills  (Read 1744 times)

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
Re: Favorite kills
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 02:57:28 AM »
I do not have the flim for this, but SHawk does, and I can't get him to send it to me. :devil

But owning his C-hog in a P-39D in the DA tops my list.  There's been a lot of lucky kills and lucky shots over the years, but none that hold the weight of killing SHawk's perk ride with a 39D.  

And no,  no one cares what happened the next 10 fights SHawk  :lol
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:00:32 AM by warhed »
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
That was a weird one, hits but no missing parts looks like he yanked his stick back to quick to avoid?

I think if he would have gently pulled or stayed level he may have been able to land it.  The quick G load probably snapped the parts.  I will leave it to the experts to decide whether it was a before or after hits plane shoot down.  Took me about ten minutes of watching his racetrack like run through friendlies to find a good "ambush" spot.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »
To me the scenario's always stand out a bit in a couple of ways. Obviously you have the added factor of historical immersion and (to some measure) match ups. Add the limited life and the context of a true mission environment and it changes the equation significantly in the sense that you didn't get to pick the circumstance or the plane. Combine that with a few chances to fly the A-20 recently in two and it yielded some excellent adventures. Two tend to stand out a bit. Both clips are a bit long for context.

The 1st is from Rangoon, after winning frame one handily we were having tremendous difficulties in frame 2. The forces of the frog had completely avoided the scouts and we left blind with only the 1 scout left. I was forced of the buff stream long before I ever got near enough for a visual and dogged by a lone zeke. So it sets up an interesting match up, I've already engaged multiple cons have some measure of damage (both main gear shot out) and am last man standing (for scouts). If I rtb we lose best chance to catch a glimpse of buffs while inbound, if I engage and lose we're out of scouts altogether for the frame. To me the mission and circumstances make things somehow different...
http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/Rangoon/frame%202/flamingriceball.ahf (film is 11 min or so with most of action in last 3-4 min...)

2nd is the single flight/fight/film that stands out the most in my 15+ yrs of this. This is frame 1/flight 1 of kruppsteel, we're tasked with ground support for our armored force. This one opens with an incident that ruffled some feathers on the other side. As per scenario rules I'm not allowed to drop bombs on enemy GV's. I notice a Tiger in an ambush spot thats apparently unseen and use my eggs to mark him for the guys on the ridge above. This is probably the most immersive flight I can recall since the entire furball is mission driven on both sides with attack and fighter cap intertwined. The end here has always stuck with me, I wonder how many pilots on all sides died "after the fight was over" entirely due to dropping there guard for just a second. Even worse fighting a plane thats almost flying and trying to sort out what controls still work 200 ft off the ground....
http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/Frame%201%20fun.ahf

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
My favorite kill would be Grizz.. Hasn't happened yet, so I'll keep u posted for any update on that..  :aok  :D    :huh  :uhoh     :bolt:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:33:11 PM by SAJ73 »
TheStig

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
oh grizz that last video really speaks to me. perdweeb told me about the 262 truce over the phone the other day, but this video top the hilariousness of that situation....and even the muppet matirx thing. keep doing what u do....see you around
In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »
I like it when some random friendly HO's another random plane in space. The freindly blows up and takes off the wing of the enemy. They crash into the ground and give you a proxy!

As of now im going to start a HO Coalition (< I lol'd) to get me some more freebies. 
Strokes

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 07:58:29 PM »
I do not have the flim for this, but SHawk does, and I can't get him to send it to me. :devil

But owning his C-hog in a P-39D in the DA tops my list.  There's been a lot of lucky kills and lucky shots over the years, but none that hold the weight of killing SHawk's perk ride with a 39D.  

And no,  no one cares what happened the next 10 fights SHawk  :lol

Please do tell us, MANPLESR!  :D  :rofl