Author Topic: options/preferences/flight settings & Screen Res size #'s have increased  (Read 213 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
I have tested this in both Windows XP pro 32 bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

preferences are changed upon updating the game..... for both OS's

* auto film sorties is checked and works correctly, although if you uncheck it and close out the preferences back to main clipboard.it reverts back to being on.........it does film properly though and ends film when exiting/finishing sortie

* Auto take-Off is disabled..if you enable it and go to launch...it appears as being on briefly but as engine revs up it immediately shuts off......go back in and checked and it was "unchecked" again

* auto combat trim - I checked it to be on/used...launched and it stayed on.but when I go back to preferences/flight it shows as unchecked , again.rinse repeat.same thing.is on only for that flight.upon exiting flight.it is unchecked

* can not click / check Tracers OFF....... will not hold its setting at all........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for Screen Resolution ( what shows in top Left corner beside Ver. 2.19 patch 0 )

before ver. 2.19 mine was as follows:
WinXP using DELL 19" UltraSharp (non-wide screen) set at & showing 1280 x 1024  correctly

after 2.19 update shows:  1288 x 1032

before ver. 2.19 mine was as follows:
Windows 7 64 bit using DELL 19" UltraSharp (non-wide screen) set at & showing 1280 x 1024 correctly

after 2.19 update shows:  1296 x 1040

regardless if I use autoset for field of view.or use custom set and set it to 90 degree field of view....it does not help with my natively set 1280 x1024 screen resolution....

very strange.....

the preferences/flight   seems to be happening in most all arenas, I checked in the main arenas and also in the Training arena.....

could this Screen Res indifference be causing some of the mouse freeze or or stutter problems? perhaps

hope this helps....... will email DXDIAG if needed

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:59:16 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
I just noticed my screen res was slightly different too.  I run in 1680x1050 and AH said it was running in 1692x1026 (I think 1026 is right, it could have been something different, but it was definitely not 1050).
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/