Author Topic: windows problem  (Read 659 times)

Offline Aaron

• Zinc Member
windows problem
« on: April 02, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »
Last night I was sending some fonts to my brother. I couldn't send them directly from the font folder so i copied and pasted them to a folder on my desktop. Then all my fonts screwed up. All my icons were in different fonts, and different programs were in different fonts. So I rebooted and all the wonts were fixed but there still were a few things wrong.

The first picture is top right corner of any program that you open. They are all changed to fraction.

This is the start menu. All the little arrows are changed to 8's

These are the boxes that you check for options. They are completely black and when you put the check in them, they look the same.

This is where you have options and you pick on or the other and there normall is little circles there, and when yo select is there is a black dot in the circle.

This is just the end of the bar in IE. All the scroll bars are changed to either numbers or fractions.

I tried some things but nothing that I tried worked out.

Here is a list of fonts that I have in my font folder. I dont think I am missing any, but it that is the problem, here is a pic of all that I have.

So, if you have any idea on how to fix this please help me out. If you have any other questions, just post them. Feel free to mail me too.
Thanks,

Aaron
bakery@treherne.com

[This message has been edited by Aaron (edited 04-02-2000).]

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
windows problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2000, 07:23:00 PM »
Sorry.... thought you'd like to know someone read this.. but that is a great problem, never seen, no clue...

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
windows problem
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2000, 02:17:00 AM »
If you have Win95 OSR2 or Win98 on the disk somwhere(can't remember exactly at moment, I'm at work) there is a folder called PowerToys. Install a program in that folder called Tweak UI. It will show up in the Control Panel as Tweak UI. Run it, and there should be a tab called 'Repair'. Click on it and run the repair utilities in the list. If that doesn't fix your problem, maybe some one else know's a cure. If you have an earlier version of Win95 you can find PowerToys to download at Microsofts Win95 download/update sight I believe.

ts

[This message has been edited by tshred (edited 04-12-2000).]

Offline Aaron

• Zinc Member
windows problem
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2000, 08:19:00 PM »
I just tried that Tweak thingy... and after I reset it was still the same.

Any more ideas??

Aaron