Author Topic: Squad medals and awards  (Read 1845 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Squad medals and awards
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »
I'm a little curious to see hear how squads handle things like this over time.  I was in a squad ages ago (different game) that did these sorts of things but after a couple months everyone had everything and it kind of lost the point. 

Do squads here just reset all the medals each tour?  It's not my intention to be critical here I'm merely curious.

we pretty much just play and have fun, the stuff I have represents everything I have done since playing AH, the thing I think would be neat is for all the squads to use the same system more or less
I think we have also found that the actual "ingame " medals should not mean as much as the "FSO" medals, so we are probably going to try to change that part of our awards, we have not been an "FSO" squad for all that long and it is a learning experience for us, also, the book keeping is very time consuming from what I have seen, it puts a lot of load on the one doing the scores,I offered to help , then found myself lost as to how to process the info.
AKP started our award system and then found out he had more work to do than he had time for,<<S>> for all his hard work at this!
It is nice to look at the medals and ribbons and think back and say WOW i did all that, and I do like showing mine off but since we did not have the system up and running until a few months ago I never new how much stuff I had actually done.

WE are thinking about an " all squad" koth tho,  an award I will surely not win, then having a trophy to pass around to the winner each month or two!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
Well I can only speak to how the 412th did/does it as it's the only squad I've been in that does such a thing. Rank wasn't an issue as pretty much everyone was same rank with exception of MidNite,SkatSr,and dTango. They were the brass and in charge. Everyone else was 2nd Lts. Or there abouts.
The medals and ribbons were awarded for things like the most kills that tour in P51, highest K/D, most base captures, most kills in 1 sortie, showing good wingman tactics...etc.
For me it was fun because I had certain goals I'd try to achieve each tour. Some guys didn't care either way. But for me it was a game within a game.
On the 412th web page each pilot had their medals and ribbons they've earned since their time in the squad displayed by their name on the roster. At the end of each tour, SkatSr would send us the squad stats to see how we all did. It fun and kept things interesting.

we LDs got our own Ranking lists each tour, my XO gath scripted some stuff, its just fun

Top 15 in

Kills per Death

Kills per Sortie

Kills per hour

Hit Percentage

Internal Ranking

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 10:38:41 AM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 11:53:36 AM »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Flying since tour 71.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
poetry: last refuge of the cricket-hating bearded sodomite
:rofl
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »
I'm a little curious to see hear how squads handle things like this over time.  I was in a squad ages ago (different game) that did these sorts of things but after a couple months everyone had everything and it kind of lost the point. 

Do squads here just reset all the medals each tour?  It's not my intention to be critical here I'm merely curious.

i do it to give my guys something to achieve so they don't just stop at basics. these awards help them keep goals and reach out to become better at every aspect of the game.

and to answer your question i will ask you to click the link to read what i have done so they cant only get things once and be done

http://www.173rdguardianangels.info/Devices.html

plus after looking at that page take a look at this page to see how its set up

http://www.173rdguardianangels.info/Roster.html
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 04:27:10 PM »
medals and watermelon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGp4DvFEgh8
:rofl I do wish they showed those shows more often in the states. What's the name of that show? Is it Armstrong and Miller?
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 03:09:45 PM »
Most if not all of our squadron awards are based on FSO activity. The main arena flying is usually done drunk.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 04:16:46 PM »
Uptown...

I used photoshop to design the medals and ribbons.  Originally, I was going to use real Navy WW2 medals and ribbons, but I didnt want to diminish their real life meaning by using them in a computer game.  Each month I look at the squad member's scores and totals, and then update the website manually.  Before I went back to work, I had all the time in the world to maintain it.  But being back to work has put a huge dent in the amount of time I have.

Basically, our system works like this:

Squadron Rank is determined by a points system.  Points are given for each completed tour you have been flying in AH.  Points are also given for each award you earn while you are with the squad.  But... it is all for show and for fun really.  The only ranks that mean anything are the CO and XO, which have nothing to do with this system.  Its all "eye candy".  Some of our pilots have few awards, and some have many... but it is no reflection on their skill.

Like WWhiskey said, we are looking at retooling the awards to be based much more on FSO actions and log results, and much MUCH less on Main Area scores. 

***G3-MF***

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply AKP. I really like the idea of designing your now for the same reason you stated.  :salute
Lighten up Francis