Author Topic: VMF-251 Recruiting  (Read 844 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
VMF-251 Recruiting
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
VMF-251 is looking for a few good Hog pilots.

We're primarily a Late War squadron and are also active in FSO. Our primary ride in the mains is the F4U-1A, with the D as our main mud-mover. Historically we have flown virtually every mission profile possible in the Corsair, from fighter sweeps to close air support in GV battles to all-out base attacks.

We're looking for guys who love the F4U, and who are interested in developing strong wingman tactics.

Check us out at http://vmf251-buccaneers.net
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: VMF-251 Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:03:23 AM »
These guys are the best hog pilots I've ever flown with in my AHII career. If you're looking for a dedicated (but not limited to) naval aviation squadron, look no further.

<S> guys
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:56:46 PM »
The F4U Corsair is a good plane, my favorite aircraft. I'd fly that work of art anyday.  :airplane:
I'm in the FS squadron, just thought I'd say how much i love the aircraft  :D.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:17 AM »
This is the hardest and most discouraging part of running a Corsair-focus squad, all the Corsair pilots are usually already taken. :-/
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
This is the hardest and most discouraging part of running a Corsair-focus squad, all the Corsair pilots are usually already taken. :-/
I know how you feel, :( i like your squad, and wish you had more members, if their is anything i can do for you, let me know.

what i like to see is every squad have a good amount of members and fun, keep looking saxman, I'm sure their is lots of corsair pilots out there for you  ;).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:30:37 AM by Buck »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »
VMF-251 is still looking for Hog pilots.

Our main squad night has been Saturdays at 9pm EST but we can change the schedule if something else works better, with a practice night on Wednesdays at the same time.

The squadron has currently "demobilized" from FSO as we rebuild, but want to get back into it as soon as possible. But to do that we need bodies to put in the cockpit.

Keep in mind that although we're looking to develop disciplined wingman and squadron-level tactics we're not looking to be full-time serious, and will still at times fly loosely just for the fun of it.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »
VMF-251 is still looking for Hog pilots.

Saxman, i was on aces high just messing around in the DA, did a duel with (EAce), good 109 pilot. i flew in a F4U-1A corsair, i was just having fun, and a guy called (gooch) i think that's the ID, wanted to come over and see how well i was doing against EAce, only because he himself tried dueling him before and could not even get close to him he said with an F4U. after i was done dueling EAce, gooch (PrV-texted) me and wanted a few tips on how to fly the aircraft.

gave him some tips, and asked if he was a F4U lover, his answer was yes.
If you want a hog pilot, check out and see if this guy is up to joining in with you guys  :aok.

~Salute~

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 07:17:39 AM »
 :salute Hogs are nice planes but i cant seem to get em down.

Wish you luck.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Gunhawg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 05:24:15 PM »
Saxman has assembled a great bunch of Hawg drivers.  If you love the 1 alpha like I do, this is definitely the squad for you.  Best of luck guys <S> :salute

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 06:07:30 PM »
Best of luck  :salute hang in there saxman  :aok
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org