Author Topic: "Thanks for the Check Six"  (Read 2285 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: "Thanks for the Check Six"
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2010, 05:59:48 PM »
i don't know about u all but i don't like lookin at u'all's 6's---or 7's or 8's
ahhhh so thats why you fly under them
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2010, 07:25:05 PM »
Only check six I feel I'm obligated to give is to my wife, even then the expression is always the same>>>>>>>>> :O

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »
The last time someone yelled at me for not giving them a 'check 6', I politely told them their 6 was their responsibility.

Naturally, this made the individual even more angry so I followed him around all night giving him errant (and completely useless) check 6s until he apologized.

lol Del you meanie  :t
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2010, 11:49:15 PM »
I never complain about check 6's why because it's my responsability to check my own.  Reaper makes a good point about if you get shot down and theirs a friendly on the con that shot you down, it'd be nice to have in those cases.  99% of the time when I get shot down I know they are there.  Rule of thumbs I use are:

1.  When in an harsh environment update SA min. every 5 sec.  that means looking up,left,right,back and underneath. 
2.  When behind an eny plane don't get to focused on him he can't shoot you down at this time, work for position but you should always check rear, left high and right high for pickers.
3.  If eny plane starts to climb or turn immediately check your views while pulling up or turning at the same time.  This can be done in .5 sec and it will save a lot of deaths if you do. 

That's what I do anyways
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 12:17:39 AM »
Maybe someone can just change the recording to:

"Dear Sir or Madam,

Maybe you've already noticed but, if not, due to your lack of situational awareness there is a con on your six.  By con I mean an enemy aircraft.  By six I mean in your rear hemisphere defined as being behind a plane extending indefinately from wingtip to wingtip and out to the horizon in both directions, into the air and down to the ground.  This is commonly referred to as the 3-9 line.  This con is, if not already within, then very close to guns range.  Guns range typically begins at 1000 yards although I may be giving you an early warning if your lucky.  Do not check your own six.  I repeat, do not check your own six. I've already done this for you thus this message.  If you do decide to check your own six it might be too late and said con may already be firing at you, or already have shot you down.  If you don't take evasive manouvers immediately said con will likely send you to the tower if he hasn't already.

Have a nice day"

i want this six call
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 12:52:36 AM »
Maybe someone can just change the recording to:

"Dear Sir or Madam,

Maybe you've already noticed but, if not, due to your lack of situational awareness there is a con on your six.  By con I mean an enemy aircraft.  By six I mean in your rear hemisphere defined as being behind a plane extending indefinately from wingtip to wingtip and out to the horizon in both directions, into the air and down to the ground.  This is commonly referred to as the 3-9 line.  This con is, if not already within, then very close to guns range.  Guns range typically begins at 1000 yards although I may be giving you an early warning if your lucky.  Do not check your own six.  I repeat, do not check your own six. I've already done this for you thus this message.  If you do decide to check your own six it might be too late and said con may already be firing at you, or already have shot you down.  If you don't take evasive manouvers immediately said con will likely send you to the tower if he hasn't already.

Have a nice day"
:rofl

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »
I go into every fight not expecting a check 6. Therefore, I have to watch my own backsides at all times and can't blame others if I get shot down. Flying solo has taught me that lesson. At one point in the game I realized I was depending on squad mates for my lack of situational awareness and skill.
I started flying by myself and finally learned that you must go into a fight watching everything all the time. Keeping track of all the cons at any given point, learning to judge their E state, never get fixated on one con, and always have a plan for exit when the numbers are against you.

I give checks and call out cons all the time. But if someone chooses to dive into a nest of spits, 51s and LAs all alone,...well my check 6 ain't going to do him any good anyway.
Lighten up Francis

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
You been watching me "fly" Uptown?  :D I cant help it, they look so inviting to dive into.

Had it drummed into me that your 6 is your responsibility - checks are always appreciated however. If I see a con about, I'll give everyone a heads up, and attempt to check anyone who looks like they are unaware - even if it annoys them.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »
Get yourself a squad and always fly with a wingman you can actually trust to put the con down most of the time i watch my six and my Squads six it really doesnt take much to hit the Check6 key so please stop trying to make excuses for those who just want to use you as bait  :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »
I'm pretty much the unoffical bait plane when in furballs, or i'll drag  :airplane: several out  :neener: to waiting friendlies to get a furball going  :joystick:

I am pretty good at giving check 6s even though my button is going out.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Gorf13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 12:26:39 PM »
I give six calls whenever i can, but i don't rely on them being given to me.

That said, the old saying "you gotta give to get" is something a few players need to remember.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »
I give six calls whenever i can, but i don't rely on them being given to me.

That said, the old saying "you gotta give to get" is something a few players need to remember.
:aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2010, 06:40:46 PM »
       So it's not enough that you get a warning, but you want the other guy to do all your work as well?
Consider the check 6 a bonus, expecting anything else is pure greed.

I don't expect anything else. My six is personally checked and checked by at least one squad mate as I almost never fly alone (in the Main). In fact, I usually have the volume on game voice off.

If you find someone constantly telling you to "check six" is helpful more power to you. But you might be surprised how well the method I espouse works. You run into a few guys in game who use it. They didn't learn it from me.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:05 AM »

What information does "check it" give?

:lol The same as, "Low buffs", "Hi pony", "GOOOOOON!!!!!" etc  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 10:28:51 AM »
I give "check 3's" and "check 9's"........but NEVER a Check 6.

point being.......it you're not watching where you were.....you're not going where you are.