Author Topic: Radeon Bug Help  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
Radeon Bug Help
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2001, 07:53:00 PM »
2Late4U you are well out of order launching into Bloom like that - the guy has helped out many many people here (including myself) and it benefits none of us for you to insult a guy like that.

I run ATI an ATI card and believe me it has been a pain with drivers - if DX is right then OpenGL is crap and so on. Nice card - difficult to keep nice.

Manedew - I use this site www.RageUnderground.com  a lot to find info and message boards for ATI stuff - it is pretty good.

Sparks

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Radeon Bug Help
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2001, 08:37:00 PM »
When someone makes a comment relating that ATI drivers are crap, he is full of it, and I will never hesitate to point it out.  If you post an absolute like that, dont expect it to just pass by without challenge.

Maybe if the original post had been more "check for new drivers" and less "you bought a crap card with crap support" we'd have a different situation.  As it stands Ive got someone who has no trouble blasting away at a company and their products, but apparently has no stomach for being called to task for his flippant and irresponsible reply.

Oh, and if you bother to READ my post, I never said anything like "you are a XXXX" or "you suck" or even "you wouldnt know a driver if it hit you in the head"     Im pointed out that the commnet was pure BS, and I stand by it.  I dont know how you read things, but when someone states that a cards "HAS TERRIBLE DRIVERS", which is a blatent misrepresentation of the facts, and then a few hours later admits the drivers are "MUCH IMPROVED", meaning the work fine for the past 10+ months and have no major problems....were I come from we call that "talking out of your ass", making crap up, not having sex with that woman Monik....

My favorite part is where Bloom comes in and plays pitty party...Oh poor me....you made me feel bad...."I'll stop posting here right now"   Yea, so I made bloom mad...so sorry, he made me made with his stupid comment but you dont see me making threats like that.

Most importantly, if Bloom has a desire to be known as the one to help people with video cards, it is even MORE IMPERATIVE that he not make blanket statements that make it look like buying an ATI card is akin to buying a Yugo.  All cards have good points and weak points, but ATI has a solid line of cards with features you cant get on other major 3d cards.  Are they perfect, no...but having him berate them so quickly, and with such distain, does this forum a disservice, as can be seen by the very next post where someone panics, thinking he had wasted his money on his new Radeon.