Author Topic: June FSO  (Read 2811 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: June FSO
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »
 :huh Should be interesting to say the least. Nothing on the Axis lineup to compete with the Spit16s, P-38J, P-47 and B-26 at 30k. The Normandy invasion was a fail for the Germans, let's see if we can recreate history.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
All of our planes are either out performed, or out gunned, or both.

Ja.

Looks like the legendary skill, fighting spirit and courage under extreme condition of our Luftwaffe, will be needed called into play once again.  Let them come.        :airplane:
                                                                                                                                                                                                              :airplane:
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 05:24:21 PM »
Ja.

Looks like the legendary skill, fighting spirit and courage under extreme condition of our Luftwaffe, will be needed called into play once again.  Let them come.        :airplane:

That's some positive attitude. :salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »
Spit 16 is a joke. It would be the same for us to have K4s instead of g10s, as spikes said.

We have a spit 9 why not use it. I realize its a C and not an E.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »
Spit 16 is a joke. It would be the same for us to have K4s instead of g10s, as spikes said.
:headscratch:
Limited to 12 per frame. The other 200+ Allied AC will be something else. Also thought it came out in the summer of 1944. What am I missing here?

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
:headscratch:
Limited to 12 per frame. The other 200+ Allied AC will be something else. Also thought it came out in the summer of 1944. What am I missing here?

From OP:
Spitfire XVI (max 48)

IIRC the XVI was made operational in Oct of 44, deeming it unfit for this FSO.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
Oh I see my mistake. I looked at this line.
Recon Aircraft: Spitfire FR XIV (Spitfire XIV, 12 per frame) *Special mission aircraft*

:salute

332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »

dd,

Like I said earlier.  Alot of folks going to have a short night.  I thought this was a typo or something.  Really an way off planeset this operation.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »

I figured sir :)

Have to agree with Stampf. I think the only people who might be able to survive are the 234s. if the props all dogfight.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »
Just look at it on the face:

The axis is fielding:

a tanked 109, an early/midwar, 7mm equipped 190, and the 190A-8 which unless in the hands of pilots with alot of experience, might as well be a target drone, and even in the best of hands is woefully out matched and offers no offensive option, other than head on...which is hardly offensive.

EDIT: Now that is it on the face.  Variables like tactics, circumstance, individual pilot abilities, luck and the way the battle unfolds will all play into the way the night goes of course, but looking at just the match-up, it's really not even a fight, with that many 16's deployable.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:54:10 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »
The 109G-14 and the Spitfire XVI( LF IX) share the same time line for the ETO.  Pls dont throw out stuff like "Same as K4s" without the facts, thanks.

Geezus. You guys make it sound like the Spitfires are F-86 Sabres. How about a little less drama?

The Spit XVI are capped ar 48.
The Spitfire VIIIs are capped at 12. (the 24 was from a previous copy and has been changed).

There is NO LIMIT AT ALL on 109G-14s, if you look.

Regards.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »
The 109G-14 and the Spitfire XVI( LF IX) share the same time line for the ETO.  Pls dont throw out stuff like "Same as K4s" without the facts, thanks.

Geezus. You guys make it sound like the Spitfires are F-86 Sabres. How about a little less drama?

The Spitfire VIIIs are capped at 12. (the 24 was from a previous copy and has been changed).

Regards.

This is more of a hypothetical question, but what is ultimately more important in designing an FSO setup, Historical Accuracy or Balanced Matchups?

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »
Ja.

:rock

Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 06:13:14 AM »

Regards.
It depends how you're looking at this...Yes the LF IX was in service. So was the G10. You are replacing the Spit LF IX with the 16 (Oct '44), so replace the G10 with the K4 (Nov '44).  It is not like it's uneven...

FlyKommando.com

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »
This is more of a hypothetical question, but what is ultimately more important in designing an FSO setup, Historical Accuracy or Balanced Matchups?
In my opinion, balance without question, but that does not mean we will not have setups where it is difficult for one side or another.

With many of the Allied fighters acting as strike AC I think this could work. Time will tell.

332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure