Author Topic: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...  (Read 8869 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
Vink wrote:
 we have explained it many many times, go do some research because even if we explain it again you still will not believe the simple facts.

Not sure where you got your impression of me, but I will understand and believe something if you tell it to me. My bad for not researching your previous explanations on tipping points.

I still think you might be missing an opportunity on retention of new players. But since this is really a thread about having a single Large MA, and since I think you're saying the decision on split arena's has nothing to do with new player retention, I'll end this discussion in this thread.

Who is John Galt?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
I still think you might be missing an opportunity on retention of new players. But since this is really a thread about having a single Large MA, and since I think you're saying the decision on split arena's has nothing to do with new player retention, I'll end this discussion in this thread.
I see once again you do not wish to find the answer to your question by doing a few searches. And you have it completely backward we retain more players with a split arena, this is not debatable but a proven fact.

HiTech

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2010, 09:41:32 PM »
this is not debatable but a proven fact.

proven by what? you're numbers? or what we can see with our own eyes? because honestly the 2 dont agree. If AH was doing any good with retention the numbers on avg would be much better than what they are now. Ive went on hiatus a few times with 1 to 2 year gaps. Each time there would be an influx of new players with quite a few of the old missing. Each time more and more of those players dont play. Now I barely recognize anyone including most of the current top sticks. And the avg peak time is only slightly more than it was say 5 years ago. So where exactly is the retention? and how is it any different than pre-split?

think the growth you contribute to split arena's is quite overrated and is probably contributed to something else. IE cheaper top of the line PC's now a days compared to back when the split started. I know i wasnt the only player that needed a new pc when AH2 came out. I spent 1k on my 1st post ah2 box and 3k on the next. The one i use now cost me a tad over 500 shipped. Thats just 1 idea. Theres probably a few more that would contribute much more than watering down your game play would.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »
at the risk of beating a dead horse....perhaps a customer email survey would be a good idea.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »

proven by what? you're numbers? or what we can see with our own eyes?
What kind of foolishness is this?  Of course it is proven out by his numbers -- you know, the ones that count: paid subscriptions.  No other proof is needed.  As long as people pay for their subscription, all is well.  (And, no, I am not advocating anyone quit).

Not to mention that recollection of what the numbers were like before and after the split are very different from yours.  I generally only fly weekends, and the combined flyers of all the arenas far outnumber what I remember a typical Saturday night before the split.

Look -- some people are clearly annoyed by an arena cap -- but business is about numbers.  If a change makes it so 3 subscriptions are added while 1 current subscriber gets annoyed enough to quit -- it is still a good business decision.  And if someone is ready to quit over something as minor as these arena caps, I would wager they have much bigger problems with the game (i.e. burnout), and the caps are just the convenient excuse.

my $0.02
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »
What kind of foolishness is this?  Of course it is proven out by his numbers -- you know, the ones that count: paid subscriptions.  No other proof is needed.  As long as people pay for their subscription, all is well.  (And, no, I am not advocating anyone quit).

Not to mention that recollection of what the numbers were like before and after the split are very different from yours.  I generally only fly weekends, and the combined flyers of all the arenas far outnumber what I remember a typical Saturday night before the split.

There has been growth but is hasnt been drastic. 50-100 on avg over a 5+ year span. and this (slight) growth is directly contributed to arena's caps? whatever foolishness u speak of is not coming from this direction.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2010, 10:13:41 PM »
There has been growth but is hasnt been drastic. 50-100 on avg over a 5+ year span. and this (slight) growth is directly contributed to arena's caps? whatever foolishness u speak of is not coming from this direction.
Are you saying you have access to HiTech's subscription list, and that you know for a fact it has grown by only 100 in 5 years?   :lol

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2010, 10:24:53 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:16:51 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
To Hitech

Player Rentention:

You say that having split arena's help keep players in I'll agree with that.  But I'll also agree with what Grizz says about the blue arena being less fun.  

Orange-primary arena - only because it's always the one that is capped
Blue-secondary arena - most always has the lesser numbers

Orange- is always a lot of fun because of the player base and some great furballs, gv battles at times, all around is a great place to play.

Blue- normally boring and when orange is capped and the only place to play I normally go to the lake and mess around with 30mm's

On any given night we normally have about 400 or so people on.  TT normally alittle more.  I believe with alittle changes and marketing it would grow very quickly and exceed 5,000 players with ease.  

Have you ever read the book Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill, if not I recommend it.  One of my favorite books of all times not for the wealth part but for the one thing that has stood the test of time for growth of any business - mastermind group and 13 principles.

I'm not telling you how to do your business only offering suggestions for growth as I'm sure you could use some more money without much work.

The fastest growing companies for the most part on the nyse are MLM companies.  Why because they use 1v1 sales - person to person marketing

Is there anything wrong with a 30 sec commecial- no but what's your retention when those people sign up my guess is around 5%

Suggestions:

Write a book on your preivous experience with the games you've created- your experience in the field of aircraft- your future goals in the industry ect. publish the book have AH website address of course.  That's uses your time 1 time and lasts forever.  I've done that in the past and I'm a published author myself.  After you have that accomplished use AH players to set-up Radio Interviews for you.  These radio shows look for experienced people to have interviews with to fulfill theres slots.  These slots are normally 30 mins. long.  and cost you nothing but your time to be on the show.  Some of these radio shows have several 100,000's listeners and it's a person to person sale.  Your retention will be a whole lot greater with these types of sales.  They will have 30 mins. of knowledge vs 30 sec. of being intrigued.  

If your interrested at all in these types of 1v1 sales I'll share some more thoughts with you.

:salute Thanks for a great game.

P.S.
You know more then me about this game and the things associated with the cap system but theres no deneying the fact that orange is funner then blue because of the bigger player base in that arena.  In Blue with only 50-150 players you normally can't find a fight with 5 cons at a base.  That's what Grizz is saying that a smaller map would shrink and condense the players in tighter where the fights would be there.  He's got a point.

P.S.S
I know you have an affiliate program but that's not the type of sales I'm talking about.  Read Paul J. Meyers story he grow up in a garage, didnt own a new peice of clothing until he was 14 but he's worth over 500 million dollars now why person to person sales and created

http://www.success-motivation.com/newSMI/smi_flash/

I know you can be quite harsh with people offering suggestions so take it easy on me  :D
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2010, 10:55:32 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:17:40 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:17:59 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2010, 11:08:23 PM »
I see once again you do not wish to find the answer to your question by doing a few searches. And you have it completely backward we retain more players with a split arena, this is not debatable but a proven fact.
HiTech

I see once again you think I have a question, when what I had was a suggestion.

[other explanations omitted until I research all available information]  

Who is John Galt?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2010, 11:09:24 PM »
We understand what ht says about caps, just that some don't like it.  but it is really his call.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2010, 12:13:29 AM »
We are very good at telling HiTech what he should do to make us happy campers. In most cases he would go broke if he tryed to COAD every whim that each of us can come up with. Especially with so many of us knowing how to A thru Z run a company and produce a product like his. Eventualy to impliment all of our whims he would have to put up as many arenas as there are players. How many of you really enjoyed playing in those hacked HtH free 8 man arenas run by sqweeker meglomaniacs? It's probably a good thing the arenas he makes available to us are the current product of his best work over the last 20 years.

Respectfully, i disagree. I always had lots of fun the the 8 player arenas and im sure MerlinVI and TA57 wouldnt appreciate you calling them hacking squeaker meglomaniacs. I learned to fly in 8 player, and i learned actual ACMs versus picking, HOing, and hording in the DA. Honestly I didnt notice any hacking in the DA, but I took HTC's that it was there. H2H was a good learning enviroment for new players and it wasnt a "cess pool" as someone said earlier.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2010, 12:15:59 AM »
at the risk of beating a dead horse....perhaps a customer email survey would be a good idea.

+10000000000   :aok

But that wouldnt even matter.....  Let me ask you this, if HTC could have 10,000 paid subscriptions and NO ONE EVER logged on or 5,000 paid subscriptions and EVERY player was on EVERY day.......  Which would he pick?
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA