Author Topic: squad name  (Read 525 times)

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
squad name
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »

I recently came back from a break and reestablished my squad. Something that we're noticing though, is when one of my guys log in their squad shows my name instead of the squad name. When I log in though, it shows the squad name. So I literally have to change the squad name everytime someone logs in so the correct name shows on roster and text buffer.

Any ideas why this happens?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: squad name
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
PK1Mw,

are you making sure you click set & then refresh after changing the squad name? to make sure it takes holt......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »

Actually I use the .sqdname command and yes it takes cuz when I rename the squad again everyone on at thag time takes the name. Anyone who logs in afterwards shows my name as the squad name which I then Have to rename it again to get the name to show up correct for those who recently logged in.

Been thx CO for six years and never seen this lol

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »
I pointed that out to a few of your squadmates, but they appeared bewildered about my words...

Now it makes sense to me. :)

I have not added anyone to our squadron, so I don't know if I am also experiencing this bug.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 05:39:58 PM »
I even tried changing the squad name in the O'Club after hitting the "Set" button 3 different times. It takes, but as soon as someone new logs in, they show the squad name as "PK1" instead of -=Most Wanted=-.

Its rather odd and annoying lol

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 05:57:28 PM »
I wonder if this change in 2.19 has any bearing on this issue?
" Using invalid characters to name your squad now generates an error message."

Probably not as more would be experiencing the problem. I also assume if it did you would receive an error message which you did not mention.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 01:37:35 PM »
I took a peak at our squad scores for the AVA and it shows "Bonesaw is not in a squad", might be a bug some where

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
bump
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com