Author Topic: Tank Warz 5/28/10  (Read 3554 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tank Warz 5/28/10
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 10:27:37 PM »
I think by open minded you mean agree with you.

Nice try with the veiled insults but I won't rise to the bait.
As much as you may want to believe that...it's your choice. I'm not insulting you, I'm showing you the image in the mirror. Look at your rants from the very first post...talk about "private sandbox", you act as if someone took a dump in yours. You could have made your point without acting like Jaeger posted this setup just to piss you off. Now, you can sit in your comfy house and rant like an old man that thinks he's right even when he's wrong, if that makes you feel good but if you think anyone is going to take you for anything but an angry old man with all of your rants then you're mistaken.

How about doing like I suggested and look at the terrains available and post a setup you think will cater to people other than superdogfighting uber aces? I'm sure someone on the staff will run it and you can see for yourself what kind of reception it gets.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2010, 06:22:51 AM »
How about letting someone who has volunteered for the AVADG in?

I've got plenty of time.

I'm not interested in posting an individual setup. I'm interested in the AvA being on a published schedule with a consistency that is attractive to players. Jaeger's setup in such a schedule may even have a valid place if it was modified slightly.

It is you that refuses to see the point. Announcing setups four days before they are put into the arena always generates rancor from one side or another.

I stated that much earlier.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2010, 09:16:37 AM »
How about letting someone who has volunteered for the AVADG in?

I've got plenty of time.
I'll let one of the guys with AvA Staff Member address that one.

I'm not interested in posting an individual setup. I'm interested in the AvA being on a published schedule with a consistency that is attractive to players. Jaeger's setup in such a schedule may even have a valid place if it was modified slightly.

It is you that refuses to see the point. Announcing setups four days before they are put into the arena always generates rancor from one side or another.

I stated that much earlier.
That is a known issue, problem is until just recently there hasn't been very much interest in the AvA and now we're playing catch up. You are kinda preaching to the choir here in many aspects...it's your bullheaded fervor that is prompting the defensive responses...and that is a point you refuse to see.

Yes a schedule of events with setup details 2, 3, 4 weeks in advance would be nice and it may yet occur...it's a good suggestion that has not gone unnoticed.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
...it's your bullheaded fervor that is prompting the defensive responses...and that is a point you refuse to see.

Yes a schedule of events with setup details 2, 3, 4 weeks in advance would be nice and it may yet occur...it's a good suggestion that has not gone unnoticed.

Heya gyrene,

it very well may look like you have described, regarding Dawger, but noone here can deny his tenacity, he is a committed man of purpose

I thought highly of the way he broke it down concerning the different ETO's & PTO's etc.... and throwing out an example of what was it 48 different possible setups? and then those could even be modified to provide even more?

he has served before in another Sim, as Volunteered Staff, and he knows how it all works behind the scenes........ and he says he has unlimited amount of time and is wanting to help the AvsA Arena become self sustaining and even grow

food for thought

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »
Heya gyrene,

it very well may look like you have described, regarding Dawger, but noone here can deny his tenacity, he is a committed man of purpose

I thought highly of the way he broke it down concerning the different ETO's & PTO's etc.... and throwing out an example of what was it 48 different possible setups? and then those could even be modified to provide even more?

he has served before in another Sim, as Volunteered Staff, and he knows how it all works behind the scenes........ and he says he has unlimited amount of time and is wanting to help the AvsA Arena become self sustaining and even grow

food for thought

Good points TC. Sometimes we all miss what is being said because of how it's said.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
Hello chaps!

Staff issues apart,  :cool: I must say that I do not dislike a no icons GV based week. I will take the opportunity to improve my dismal capacities in the cavalry and try to understand how to use the darn things!

When I spot an enemy tank, I am in tower the next second, they must be cheating...  :D

Cheers,

Sparow
8th Armoured, "The Desert Rats"
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/