Author Topic: Anger and the game  (Read 2096 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Anger and the game
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 05:34:02 PM »
In replying to Rapiers' post I got to thinking about how I've dealt with anger and frustration during my time in AcesHigh. I'm sure we've all been pissed at someone or something in the game at one point. Then it dawned on me that we all have something in common...at least I think.
How many of you are like me and thrive on those negative energies to try to improve your game so you can whip the ole boy next time. I don't know about you, but I get great enjoyment from that  :lol I generally go after the last guy that shot me down as a way to get satisfaction or revenge if you will. And a lot of times it doesn't work out too well for me. And that's my cue that I have more learning to do.
I believe that we are a highly competitive crowd and losing a fight drives us to become better more then anything else. Having a pretty score and a few perk points isn't why I come back day after day. It's the thought of beating the guy that just owned me the day before that does.....well that and the Pee51. :)

happened to me yesterday.  BeLile was parked behind our rook GV hanger picking us off like sheep every time we tried to re-up...that drives me crazy...but something in me won't walk away from that kinds stuff. so after he killed me about 5 times...I hopped in a plane at another base so as to time my arrival with me dropping bombs on him........and instead.....arriving after we lost the base....and getting shot the hell down by ack.  lol.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 05:52:35 PM »
Corky nailed it there is nothing about this silly game that's worth getting genuinely angry about.  That being said I have been known to lose my tempter from time to time, usually when I'm having "one of those nights" and generally speaking it's directed inward rather than outward.  I do spend a great deal of energy confining that frustration to myself or at least squad vox, most nights I simply log off before that  frustration get's out of hand.  Venting it towards other players or on 200 doesn't help anyone.

If I'm frustrated or angry then I'm not enjoying myself, and if I'm not enjoying myself then I'm also probably not a lot of fun to be around so what's the point in playing? At that point I usually log and take a breather. 

There is nothing about this silly game that's worth getting upset over, save that for real life and things that matter.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
I am usually a pretty nice guy. Even when somebody gets chippy with me on 200, ho's, rams, and runs.  I really am.  :aok  ;)  :angel:

That being said, the incredible hulk in me comes out every once in a while and I take that little dweeb skilless bastage to the DA SO I CAN DESTROY HIMMMMMM.  MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA  :t

Then I'm back to lil ole me.  :D
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
IHOP got new brand, Fluffyboy?

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 06:26:10 PM »
I am usually a pretty nice guy. Even when somebody gets chippy with me on 200, ho's, rams, and runs.  I really am.  :aok  ;)  :angel:

That being said, the incredible hulk in me comes out every once in a while and I take that little dweeb skilless bastage to the DA SO I CAN DESTROY HIMMMMMM.  MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA  :t

Then I'm back to lil ole me.  :D

But draggon won't go to the DA!      :bolt:

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02:58 PM »
But draggon won't go to the DA!      :bolt:

There is reason for that, because he made the mistake of going there with me once.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »
But draggon won't go to the DA!      :bolt:
He would never DA me, he'd just keep blabbing on...a few months later now he is constantly blabbing then asking for a DA...just makes me laugh. He said I was in a dweeb plane after I gave him a facial of 20s in his Spixteen from 234. And that I cherrypicked him...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:11 PM »
IHOP got new brand, Fluffyboy?

I gonna hulk up next time I see you in the DA.  I forgot, you don't go no more.   :neener:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »
There is reason for that, because he made the mistake of going there with me once.

A few weeks ago he challenged me to the DA after I shot him down and when I accepted, he never responded or showed up in the DA.  Later when I went back into the MA and asked him why he never showed up after offering the challenge, he said I wasn't big league enough to duel him and when I got better to look him up.  Fair enough.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 08:26:05 PM »
He would never DA me, he'd just keep blabbing on...a few months later now he is constantly blabbing then asking for a DA...just makes me laugh. He said I was in a dweeb plane after I gave him a facial of 20s in his Spixteen from 234. And that I cherrypicked him...

he wouldn't go DA but he challenged me to 1v1, he would not tell me what ride he was in or the alt. I show up in an SBD him 4K above me in a hurry2  :joystick:

He got pwned  :aok    :airplane:

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 08:43:05 PM »
he wouldn't go DA but he challenged me to 1v1, he would not tell me what ride he was in or the alt. I show up in an SBD him 4K above me in a hurry2  :joystick:

He got pwned  :aok    :airplane:
:rofl you could of sold tickets at the showing of that film  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »
Uptown don't get me wrong, use those emotions as an incentive to improve all you want.

Just don't inflict them on everyone else.

I will say this in your favor, you've "grown" a lot this last year.
I really like this newer, more mature, more stable uptown.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
A few weeks ago he challenged me to the DA after I shot him down and when I accepted, he never responded or showed up in the DA.  Later when I went back into the MA and asked him why he never showed up after offering the challenge, he said I wasn't big league enough to duel him and when I got better to look him up.  Fair enough.
ack-ack

:lol

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »
Well thank you Ghosth. I went from a half gallon of whiskey week down to a few beers a month. I didn't realize anyone noticed  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »
I always tell myself its just game but I am human(somewhat) and I fall into the trap of getting bent of shape, not so much anymore. In the end I wind up blaming myself for a tragic animated death that befalls me. If i feel I am about to trip out(no pun intended) i step away and watch C-span. oh, I do apologize to anyone if I pm'd you with some nasty gramma in the past. Yes, I should not have done that in the first place :salute   tc out !
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS