Author Topic: vox  (Read 665 times)

Offline SCABIUS

• Zinc Member
vox
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:11:45 AM »
Vox worked fine yesterday morning and this morning it doesnt,  getting what sounds like feedback  that echos.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: vox
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 08:14:23 AM »
save your settings and do a clean re-load.  worked for me.

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:15:06 AM »
Make sure you don't have echo set in you options.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline SCABIUS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:33:02 AM »
Thanks, for the help. Echo is off, and I'm not sure how to do a clean reload

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »
Thanks, for the help. Echo is off, and I'm not sure how to do a clean reload

Just rename your current Aces High folder (acts as both a backup and the new install won't over-write anything), and install the game from the full install version of the download.  Once you verify everything is working again, you can start copying your settings (stick mapping, head position, custom sounds, etc.) from your "backup" version.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SCABIUS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:47:36 AM »
Thanks, i'll give it a shot and see what happens

Offline SCABIUS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »
Well I did that, It got rid of the echo and feedback. Now when i Key my mic I hear the beep but no voice when I use .radio 5 scabius.  Any ideas?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:35:30 AM »
Make sure you mic still works in Windows.  If so, try setting the voice option in-game to "Use WAV Out" or whatever that top "WAV" checkmark is.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SCABIUS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
Thanks for the tips.  spent the last couple of hours trying everthing. deleated the game and reinstalled everything is set to all directions and still no luck. I give up.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Thanks for the tips.  spent the last couple of hours trying everthing. deleated the game and reinstalled everything is set to all directions and still no luck. I give up.

Email or call HTC. Ask for Roy. That guy will do his best to help you out if he isnt busy.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »
here is the text from the training page i told you about.

I am betting it is this:You have windows XP I think you said.

* In the sound mixer controls (speaker icon in your taskbar), configure the microphone as your recording device. Make sure the microphone playback is muted and boost is selected if present.

SETTING UP AH VOICE

If you have just downloaded the game or are attempting to use AH Voice for the first time, there are a couple of things you will need to do.

First, ensure your microphone is properly set up in Windows:

* In the sound mixer controls (speaker icon in your taskbar), configure the microphone as your recording device. Make sure the microphone playback is muted and boost is selected if present.
    * Test the microphone with your .wav recorder. Record a test message as a .wav file and then listen to the playback. If you can't hear yourself in Windows, your microphone won't work in Aces High.

A quick test is to tune the V radio to yourself (/.radio 5 YourPlayerID [ENTER]) and transmit. If you hear yourself, your microphone works in AH Voice. If it doesn't work, try updating the drivers for your sound card or on-board sound and try again. If it still doesn't work, contact the folks at support@hitechcreations.com for more help.

After ensuring your microphone works, you will want to make some adjustments to how your VOX works. Bring up you clipboard and go to OPTIONS -> PREFERENCES -> VOICE to get the interface shown at the right.

"Use Wave In" affects how you transmit and receive transmissions. Some sound need the .wav format before they can stream audio. If you can't transmit or the sound is garbled, then try this option. Some people's radios work better with it, some without. You will have to test to see what works best for you.

"Enable Range Channel Beeps" and "Enable Tunable Channel Beeps" - Clicking this will cause a short beep prior to the start of a transmission on the selected channel. I recommend having one turned on and one turned off so you can easily recognize which channel is being transmitted on without having to look.

"Mic Volume" Slider - If your transmissions are weak, slide this further to the right. If you are blasting everybody else out, slide it to the left.

"Play Volume Slider" - Adjusts the volume you hear voice transmissions.

"Effect Volume" Slider - Adjusts the volume of your sound effects while you receive voice transmissions. Useful for cutting engine noise, etc. One danger is it also reduces the "Check 6" volume while you are talking.

Once you have adjusted these, go to the arena and test your settings. Come back to fine tune them to your liking.

Offline SCABIUS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
I did that and still nothing, I uninstalled the game downloading and will reinstall again and see what happens

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 01:36:54 PM »
Are the headphones/mic new or old?  the mic part might have just stopped working due to (broken wire or ?) Age
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
Make sure you don't have your mic muted.  Mine has an inline switch as well.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 03:08:05 PM »
Make sure you don't have your mic muted.  Mine has an inline switch as well.

yes!

i superglue mine permanently on (its a slider on/off)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.