Author Topic: Sound direction  (Read 465 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Sound direction
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:32:29 AM »
This is a hard one to explain.  After the latest two patches, my ability to track someone via sound is messed up.  The sound comes from the left, but the vehicle or plane is on the right.  The sound is exactly opposite of where it should be.  Please let me know if you need more details.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
Re: Sound direction
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:35:55 AM »
I must say I have had my suspicions that the directional sound is not was it was but hav'nt had time to explore fully
Game ID: Blimey

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
Lol.  It occurred to me that my new headset may be on backwards.  I am gonna check tonight.  Oh gawd I hope not... :rofl

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
Lol.  It occurred to me that my new headset may be on backwards.  I am gonna check tonight.  Oh gawd I hope not... :rofl
AHAHAHAHAHAHA.... :rofl  :rofl ...I really hope that is not the case.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:08 PM »

that was gonna be my first recommendation  :rofl

though, i have had headsets start going out (stereo plug, not usb) and they can do all kinds of weird sounds when the wires/connections are wacking out... one side low, sides swap, etc.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »
No side indicators on the headphones.  The mike will rotate sides so I am gonna try it with the mike on the right side now and the headphones on different ears.  I am so glad that this subject has brought such merriment!! :lol

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 04:28:38 PM »
I've got to add this to my "Things to check if it's not working" list at work.  :D
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 10:47:38 AM »
I am only gonna say yes then shrug sheepishly....The new headset has the mic on the opposite side I am used too.  LOL

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »
 :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 11:46:59 AM »
 :neener:

On a related note though, I have notices some weird sound issues though.  While left to right seems ok (especially if the headphones are properly worn), it seems a lot more difficult to judge distance.  A plane that is 2k away sounds exactly the same as one that is 200 away.  Same goes for tanks.

With that being said, I'm going to wait until HT gets the whole Miles thing straightened out, as I don't believe that fixing their old sound positioning system (that is about to be ditched) is very high on their list of priorities right now.