Author Topic: Sadly...U can turn off the icons...but not the attitude  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Sadly...U can turn off the icons...but not the attitude
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »
The guy you can't beat in a P-38

I'm sure you think so as you probably think you're an experten beyond all experten.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »
I'm sure you think so as you probably think you're an experten beyond all experten.

ack-ack

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »
Its memorial day...who doesn't have the brewski's lined up?

I gota drive to visit some family later tonight so I am not drinking (much) today.

But chips I do have.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline whipster22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »
my sister got married the 29th we had a keg of sam adams  :cheers:

but its gone :cry
just dewbing up the bbs
baby seal

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
That's special. The question still stands, especially after your wonderful insight. If you didn't quite understand the statement the dummy version is, my choices, my adventure, no one else to fault but myself when things don't work out the way I might want.

As for this 1337 cartoon ace pile-it world, there are no written rules as to how a person engages opponents, it's all opinions.

Then allow others theirs and don't push yours

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »
Ah well, to each his own.

Iv'e never seen anything happen in AvA that would make me choose the MA instead.

Easy on Sunbat, he's good people.  But twisted a bit, know what I mean?

Sunbat, haven't seen you in AvA in a good long while, why don't you stop in?

- oldman

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »

Easy on Sunbat, he's good people.  But twisted a bit, know what I mean?

Sunbat, haven't seen you in AvA in a good long while, why don't you stop in?

- oldman

:rofl Ahhhh, I was just messing with Gyrene cuz I knew he'd take the bait but at the same time is big enough to take a little ribbin'.

I took about a 6 week break and just recently came back. I'll pop in there next time I'm on and check things out.  Hopefully we can have us a few good fights.  :salute Oldman
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2010, 05:39:58 PM »

:rofl Ahhhh, I was just messing with Gyrene cuz I knew he'd take the bait but at the same time is big enough to take a little ribbin'.

I took about a 6 week break and just recently came back. I'll pop in there next time I'm on and check things out.  Hopefully we can have us a few good fights.  :salute Oldman
:rofl Dangit...I smelled something fishy with this...

Sometimes, when there's a particularly annoying fly, I like to just barely swat him so I don't kill him  just stun him. Then I pull his wings and legs off one by one, set him down and watch him wiggle around.
Thought it was just the tuna I had for lunch.

You mind signing this so I can hang it on my monitor?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2010, 05:54:02 PM »
 :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
   Humble I understand what you're saying. But so many people who play get most of their kills by ganging that if they didnt have that and had to go 1 on 1 all the time they'd likely play WoW.  I've given up trying to persuade people to play different. Now I embrace the gang, do my best and try to take a few with me.

Between the horde, and pickers, good pilots flying great planes, and runners, nothing has changed really since I started back in 96, except the numbers. There are just more of these types than before, and running into people who like a good 1 on 1 in an MA is rare. I think I can think of 20 people who fit into this catagory off the top of my head. There are'nt that many.

~AoM~

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2010, 09:14:18 PM »
Lots of great 1 on 1s in AvA tonight.  38s vs 109G-6s.  Good stuff!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »
It's not all that new, enemy icons have been turned off since early March, and still seems to be invigorating the arena.

I often skip over my preferred plane in the AvA in favor of the low numbers side, all of my squad and plenty of others are also willing to do so.

If we can continue to encourage this type of behavior, we may be able to keep it good for everyone.

Hope it does work, and keeps people coming in....... but for those of us who have seen so many changes, it is real hard to accept that it is working and that it is better.....

The CT/ AvsA arena in the past had substantial numbers both when it was called CT and then again when it eventually overcame some issues after being named AvsA......  infact..... it was not until some squads came in and stayed did the numbers start to fall off....then most everyone thought the AvsA staff needed to do something or change things........ if this new "no icons" change can weather the storm and hold up for more than a year ( lets say April of 2011 ) without any major shifting in the current idea..... then I will say Good On Ya..AvsA...

but one should not think that only from March to May, that the change has "fixed" anything, really..... lets look at it next March or april, to make that determination....

do hope it works for the AvsA though....... even if I don't care for "no icons" myself.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2010, 07:28:15 PM »
Whether the AvA succeeds or not, you won't be able to point to one setting or another as the cause.

Right now, the no icons seems to interest a segment of the player base.

There are a lot of other variables.

The next version of AH could bring something new that either draws more people in or draws them out of the arena and into something else.

Who knows?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
There are a lot of other variables.

The next version of AH could bring something new that either draws more people in or draws them out of the arena and into something else.

Who knows?

yep, is easy to relate to this, for the AvsA saw a big decrease in numbers when Aces High switched to Aces High II back in '04....... eventually people started coming in or coming back, but then again it has always been a seesaw motion of up and down with the numbers...... dating back to the first major game play shift of the arena.....

and all the older long time players will always have those "rose colored" glasses they are trying to see through <grin>
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
   Humble I understand what you're saying. But so many people who play get most of their kills by ganging that if they didnt have that and had to go 1 on 1 all the time they'd likely play WoW.  I've given up trying to persuade people to play different. Now I embrace the gang, do my best and try to take a few with me.

Between the horde, and pickers, good pilots flying great planes, and runners, nothing has changed really since I started back in 96, except the numbers. There are just more of these types than before, and running into people who like a good 1 on 1 in an MA is rare. I think I can think of 20 people who fit into this catagory off the top of my head. There are'nt that many.

Aw man, now I feel sad.  I always love running into you though.  One of these days I'll even get good enough to give you a real fight.  I hope. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/