Author Topic: anyone using multiple throttles?  (Read 511 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
anyone using multiple throttles?
« on: November 15, 2001, 11:18:00 PM »
I'm getting ready to build a new computer, and possibly replace my Saitek Cyborg 3D USB Gold with a new flying system. I'm looking at a set of rudder pedals and possibly two throttles to go along with either a joystick or a yoke. I like yokes, since I've done a little light aircraft flying and most planes I've flown have yokes, and besides, I like the P-38, which had a yoke on a column. I have heard that it is possible to set up two throttles to control multiple engines in Aces High.

Has anyone tried it? Does it work? What hardware do you use? What planes do you fly? Do you like the multiple throttle setup? Have you tried differential throttling in twin engine fighters, and if so, how well did it work?
Thanks,
Renegade Savage
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
anyone using multiple throttles?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2001, 11:31:00 PM »
I think AH lets you map up to 4 throttle axes and 4 rpm axes.  As long DirectX recognizes all the axes on your controller, it's a piece of cake to map them in AH.  I fly with Eng. 1 Throttle mapped to my CH Pro Throttle and Eng. 1 RPM mapped to the wheel on my CH Fighterstick.  Works groovy.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]