Author Topic: The tater chucker get nerfed?  (Read 5865 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: The tater chucker get nerfed?
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »

Classic luftwhiner statement.  Stating we now have shells that are duds (of course only the luft wafa 30 mil are duds and less effective).

Which do you think is more probable?

Please send us the film so we can take a look.

:lol Yeah, I'm whining, only because I've noticed an increased frequency lately.

I had posted a couple films in this thread a couple weeks ago about taters straight to fuselages of La7s and no damage, twice in the same sortie.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,289465.0.html

Unfortunately, no one downloaded them and speedyshare deleted the films.  I will reupload them later when i get home from work to the Muppet ftp site and link them here and maybe you can check them tomorrow if you aren't too busy.  They will be edited down.  Thanks.  :angel:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »
Well the allies don't have any 30mm shells, so it must be only German rds :)

I have to agree though...I understand hitting the engine and killing the engine/and/or oil...but I can't count how many times I've hit the horiz stab and it's flown off with a half of one.

I hit a tempest with a tater in the left wing and knocked it's wing off. This being at ~50 feet, it went into some crazy spin that I deemed uncontrollable, so I pulled off. I didn't get a kill after 5 seconds or so so I look back to see the tempest regained control perfectly with a half wing and landed 10 minutes later.  I thought that was unreal that he pulled out of that crazy flat/vert spin that the typhs and temps can do with their tail, at under 100 feet, with out a wing.

I've experienced that taking the tail off, so I fly on only to have it pull in behind my 38G, with a couple of 109K4s lately :)

much ado about nothing in the overall scheme of things as far as I can tell.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the opposite about the 30 mm.
a few weeks ago i was in a mossie v a 109. i got hit "once" and lost a wing. 10 mins later same thing happened. 1 hit 1 wing gone.
same guy same plane. i was that fuming at it i acted a pillock on 200 and insinuated the C word.

30mm HE round in a plywood aircraft?

Not rocket science
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »
Hmm lets see, Mossie is brand new plane using a new damage system, possible new bug in a new plane?

or

Classic luftwhiner statement.  Stating we now have shells that are duds (of course only the luft wafa 30 mil are duds and less effective).

HiTech

Thank you for the response HiTech. If I get any new films I will email them to you all at HTC for lab tests  :aok

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
30mm HE round in a plywood aircraft?

Not rocket science
The Mosquito's wooden was more resistant to HE rounds than the aluminum skins of other aircraft.

Be careful when you assume...
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »
Hmm lets see, Mossie is brand new plane using a new damage system, possible new bug in a new plane?

or

Classic luftwhiner statement.  Stating we now have shells that are duds (of course only the luft wafa 30 mil are duds and less effective).

HiTech

http://www.dasmuppets.com/public/Suns/worsttaterdudever.ahf

Tater hit to the cockpit area of a KI84 from almost point blank.
Ive posted more if you want to see those also.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »
Hitech, here are the two duds that happened in the same sortie, about 1-2 minutes apart IIRC.  Films are edited down to ten seconds a piece for your viewing pleasure.  Taters to dead center of La7s.  No apparent damage.  Thank you for taking a Luftwhiner seriously, I hope you don't regret it.  :angel:  :salute

http://dasmuppets.com/public/Grizz/Tater Dud1.ahf (Save links as)

http://dasmuppets.com/public/Grizz/Tater Dud2.ahf

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »
Gotta go with the Luffberry Luftwaffe Weinies on this one HiTech... although the Mossi is brand new the pictures in this thread were of a 109 30mm into a (spitfire?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPWlYhfhLrI

compared to what it does in the game
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 07:38:13 PM »
Gotta go with the Luffberry Luftwaffe Weinies on this one HiTech... although the Mossi is brand new the pictures in this thread were of a 109 30mm into a (spitfire?)

see the size of that hit sprite :O

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »
see the size of that hit sprite :O

Is it the 4th of July already?!  :cheers:
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the opposite about the 30 mm.
a few weeks ago i was in a mossie v a 109. i got hit "once" and lost a wing. 10 mins later same thing happened. 1 hit 1 wing gone.
same guy same plane. i was that fuming at it i acted a pillock on 200 and insinuated the C word.

If this had taken place a few weeks ago, you would've been towered instantly, not just lost your wing..
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »

FYI, I don't think the Mosquito got a new damage model as compared to v2.18.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »
Maybe  some of u luffs should fly the YakT  once in a while .....Mauahahahahahahaha
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »

HiTech

When I was a kid it used to infuriate my dad when my mom would say, "the car is making a funny noise".  He would always tell her she was imagining things.  Problem was, sometimes she was right and after me, my brother and my mom spent a hot Houston afternoon broke down on the side of the road, guess who caught some healthy hell that night?

She drove the car everyday, she knew when something wasn't right.  

What's my point? My point is Grizz loves you Hitech and I don't like it when you fight. It scares me that you guys might get a divorce.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »
They're most definately not. I hit him with even more on that same pass, nothing.

Karnak, was just exaggerating a bit to make a point.

Either the tater is nerfed, or the Mossie is made of titanium, which is a viable option. Raked one a couple passes with 6 .50's with no result.

Mossie is made of wood, those are HE rounds. Could be very possible that the skin is too soft to make the rounds explode. Mossie were renowned at being able to take BIG hits and coming home IRL
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."